This is a simple plugin that adds two step verification to the login. The beauty of it is, that no mobile phones are required, and pretty much anyone has an IM accout nowadays.
How does it work?
- You create an IM account (currently google talk, icq and windows live messenger are supported)
- You add this account as the bot in the plugin settings page (this bot will be sending the login pin numbers to other users)
- Users themselves disable or enable this feature
How does the login work when activated?
- You login normally, if the credentials are correct,
- you select the account you want to authorize with,
- a pin code is sent to this account (or you use the Google Authenticator code),
- you have 30 seconds to enter this pin code,
- if the code is correct, you are logged in else you are logged out
What this plugin offers:
- Two step verification via IM accounts or Google Authenticator
- Enable or disable the two step verification
- Users themselves activate or disable this feature for them (unless you make it mandatory)
- Reset feature if IM servers are down
- Customize PIN length
- Add a custom message to the IM
- Customize session time validity