Soft hyphens are automatically added in the content for a nicer automatic word wrap. Particularly suitable for justification. Uses Hyphenator.js.
Беларуская (Belarusian), বাংলা (Bengali), Català (Catalan), Česky (Czech), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Ελληνική monotone (monotone greek), Ελληνική polytone (polytone greek), British English (British English), American English (American English), Español (Spanish), Suomi (Finnish), Français (French), Ελληνική ancient (ancient greek), ગુજરાતી (Gujarati), हिंदी (Hindi), Magyar (Hungarian), Հայերեն լեզու (Armenian), Italiano (Italian), ಕನ್ನಡ (Kannada), Latina (Latin), Lietuvių (Lithuanian), latviešu valoda (Latvian), മലയാളം (Malayalam), Nederlands (Dutch), Norsk (Norwegian), ଓଡ଼ିଆ (Oriya), ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (Punjabi), Polski (Polish), Português (Portuguese), Pyccĸий (Russian), Slovenčina (Slovak), Slovenščina (Slovenian), Svenska (Swedish), தமிழ் (Tamil), తెలుగు (Telugu), Türkçe (Turkish), Українська (Ukrainian)
This plugin includes Hyphenator.js into your blog for inserting separators automatically. The user settings backend available in English, German and Romanian is easy to understand and everything could be configured there.
- automatically hyphenates texts on websites if either the webdeveloper has included the script on the website or you use it as a bookmarklet on any site.
- automatically breaks URLs on any browser that supports the zero width space.
- runs on the client in order that the HTML source of the website may be served clean and svelte and that it can respond to text resizings by the user.
- has a documented API and is highly configurable to meet your needs.
- supports a wide range of languages.
- relies on Franklin M. Liangs hyphenation algorithm (PDF) commonly known from LaTeX and OpenOffice.
- is free software licensed under LGPL v3 with additional permission to distribute non-source (e.g., minimized or compacted) forms of that code (see source code header for details).
- provides services for customizing, merging and packing script and patterns.
- supports CSS3-hyphenation
Visit the project homepage for more about. There you also find the documentation for all options.
Requires: 2.7 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.3.2
Last Updated: 2012-10-29
0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?