geeSearch Plus, improved WordPress search
Improves the WordPress search engine without messing with the database, sorts results by relevance or date, and more. Simple and clean!
- fix pagination on search results
- Full review for WP 3.7
- Order by relevance or by date
- Allow OR and AND query type
- Highlight class instead of inline styles
- New plugin hooks for better control
- Merge stopwords mechanism with WordPress new native stopwords mechanism
- Prepared for i18n
- Re-named from gSearch to geeSearch ( affected functions, hooks and classes )
- New relevance engine
- Corrected wp_title bug
- Load frontend script on footer
- Default highlight area div#content
- Admin: Replaced color picker - using WP default
- Admin: New setting 'Highlight allowed areas' uses valid jQuery selectors
- jQuery scripts enqueued differently on frontend thus solving Jetpack conflicts
- Revision and testing for WP 3.6
- Optimized queries to reduce needed memory
- Less strict when searching custom fields (LIKE compare)
- Corrects issue regarding spaces in the middle of searched terms
- Corrects issue regarding spaces on beginning and end of the search sentence.
- Minor corrections on jshighlight script
- New features: custom fields search & highlight searched terms.
- Includes two new js: jscolor plugin and jshighlight
- Initial release.
- No multisite compatibility. More to come shortly.
Requires: 3.5 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.7.1
Last Updated: 2013-11-14
4.6 out of 5 stars
7 of 7 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?