- Login to your WordPress Admin page (usually http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin)
- Navigate to the Plugins screen and then click the "Add New" button
- Click on the "Upload" link near the top of the page and browse for the Google Pagespeed Insights for WordPress zip file
- Upload the file, and click "Activate Plugin" after the installation completes
- Congratulations, installation is complete!
An extended version of the folliowing instructions as well as other documentation are included in the "documentation" folder of this plugin.
Google Pagespeed Insights requires a Google API Key. Keys are free and can be obtained from Google. In order to get a key, you will need a Google account such as a GMail account. If you do not already have a Google account you can create one here: https://accounts.google.com/SignUp.
- Navigate to https://code.google.com/apis/console
- Login with your Google Account (Create a Google account if you do not have one)
- Click the "Create Project..." button
- You should now be looking at the "Services" page, if you are not, click "Services" from the menu on the left.
- Scroll down the Services page until you find "PageSpeed Insights API". Click the Switch to turn it on. You must agree to Google's Terms and Conditions to continue.
- After enabling the API, navigate to the "API Access" page from the left menu. Your API Key can be found under "Simple API Access." Copy this key to your clipboard.
- Paste this API Key into the Options page of Google Pagespeed Insights for WordPress