Installing is as simple as downloading the file from this site, placing it in your wp-content/plugins directory and activating the plugin. For the more detailed instructions read on.
- Get a Google Analytics account.
- Download the Google Analytics Tag for Mobile ZIP file
- Extract the zipfile and place the PHP file in the wp-content/plugins directory of your WordPress installation
- Go to the administration page of your WordPress installation
- Click on the Plugins tab and search for Google Analytics Tag for Mobile in the list
- Activate the Google Analytics Tag for Mobile plugin
- You can now find an Google Analytics Tag for Mobile page under Options to set the options of the plug-in
- If you're comfortable reading HTML and feel like it, you can look at the HTML source code of your blog pages to see the included Google Analytics tracker code at the end of the page. Make sure that you’re not checking this as a logged on user if you’ve enabled Ignore Logged On Users. Also make sure you request your blog page at least twice to give the Google Analytics Tag for Mobile plugin the change to detect is the ktai_wp_footer hook is called by your template.
- Wait until Google Analytics updates your reports. Currently it seems like this can take up to 24 hours. Note that by default Google Analytics selects a week ending yesterday as its reporting period. Click on today in the lefthand calendar to see today’s statistics, if they’ve already been reported.