- Download the plugin and unzip it (didn't you already do this?).
- Put the 'googleajaxsearch.php' file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click 'Activate' next to Google Ajax Search.
- Go to Options > Google Ajax Search to configure your settings and click 'save'.
a. You will need an API key first. http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxsearch/signup.html
b. Next you will need to enter CLOSED or OPEN for the displayed search results.
c. All other options are optional.
- Place the search box where you want by placing into your theme (most likely your sidebar) or simplify your life and use widget sidebars.
- Have fun and if you can contribute (see notes), at the very least post your likes and dislikes about the plugin linking to http://dancameron.org/wordpress/ so your readers to find the plugin and I can see your feedback.