Github Ribbons is a WordPress Plugin that allows you to add "Fork me on Github" ribbons to your WordPress posts or pages. You can enable the ribbon per post/page level or at global level.
The following are some of the features of the Plugin
- You can choose between image based ribbons or CSS3 based ribbons.
- You can choose whether to show the ribbon on the right side or on the left side.
- You can choose whether the link has to open in a new tab or not.
- You can choose any one of the 6 different colours that are available.
- Configuration can be set either globally or on a post by post basic.
Styling using CSS
If you want to style the ribbon yourself or add additional CSS styles to it (like adding
z-index etc) then add it to the
.robbon-holder CSS class.
The development of the Plugin happens over at github. If you want to contribute to the Plugin, fork the project at github and send me a pull request.
If you are not familiar with either git or Github then refer to this guide to see how fork and send pull request.
If you are looking for ideas, then you can start with one of the following TODO items :)
The following are the features that I am thinking of adding to the Plugin, when I get some free time. If you have any feature request or want to increase the priority of a particular feature, then let me know.
- Add an ability to translate the text used inside the ribbon
- If you have found a bug/issue or have a feature request, then post them in github issues
- If you have a question about usage or need help to troubleshoot, then post in WordPress forums or leave a comment in Plugins's home page
- If you like the Plugin, then kindly leave a review/feedback at WordPress repo page.
- If you find this Plugin useful or and wanted to say thank you, then there are ways to make me happy :) and I would really appreciate if you can do one of those.
- Checkout other WordPress Plugins that I have released.
- If anything else, then contact me in twitter.