New Flexibility plus Enhanced User Experience
Take control over Your Archive Pages in Genesis again! Use the ever popular way of Widgets to build your own archive listing or sitemap-like content. Use up to three columns that are responsive and enable automatically. Don't lose your archive/sitemap creations if you ever switch the Genesis child theme.
A great helper tool for Genesis Child Themes!
Plus: A premium PRO Version of the plugin will be released in the near future...! :-)
Advantages & Benefits
- Avoids long pages & blog posts listings that seem to happen a lot with the default template...
- Far more possibilities for your archive pages: different listings of site menus, various site content, authors - plus search form, images etc.
- Make sitemap-like pages very easily - use widgets by WordPress, Genesis or third-party plugins
- Easily customizeable for any webmaster!
- Works across all Genesis child themes - so you can switch your "skin" but not loosing this tool :-)
- Ideal for multilingual websites (for example with "WPML"): Much better handling of archive-/ sitemap-like pages for different languages. -- See bottom of FAQ section here for more info on that.
- Small & lightweight plugin tool: Just activate plugin, place your widgets and you're done!
- Adds up to three new widget areas (Sidebars) for the "Archive Page Template"
- Adds very few CSS styles for the content area to properly divide widgets with some more space (all other styling is recommended via your child theme) and to enable responsive content columns (if more than one widget area is active)
- Customizeable via 2 action hooks: if ever needed you can add content before and after the widgetized section
- Customizeable via 6 filters: if ever needed you can customize the widget titles and descriptions
- Fully internationalized! Real-life tested and developed with international users in mind!
- Fully WPML compatible!
- Fully Multisite compatible, you can also network-enable it if ever needed (per site use is recommended).
- Tested with WordPress versions 3.4 branch and new 3.5 branch - also in debug mode (no stuff there, ok? :)
Please note: The plugin requires the Genesis Theme Framework.
- English (default) - always included
- German (de_DE) - always included
- .pot file (
genesis-widgetized-archive.pot) for translators is also always included :)
- Easy plugin translation platform with GlotPress tool: Translate "Genesis Widgetized Archive"...
- Your translation? - Just send it in
A plugin from deckerweb.de and GenesisThemes
- I am open for your suggestions and feedback - Thank you for using or trying out one of my plugins!
- Drop me a line @deckerweb on Twitter
- Follow me on my Facebook page
- Or follow me on +David Decker on Google Plus ;-)