Flickr Shortcode Importer by Aihrus imports [flickr], [flickrset], [flickr-gallery] shortcode and Flickr-sourced A/IMG tagged media into the Media Library. Furthermore, it transforms the post content [flickr] shortcodes into links containing the Media Library based image of the proper size and alignment.
Import can be run directly from edit page and post screens.
The first [flickr] image found in post content is set as the post's Featured Image and removed from the post content. The remaining [flickr] shortcodes are then transformed as image links to their attachment page.
[flickrset] and [flickr-gallery] shortcodes are converted to [gallery] after the Flickr set images have been added to the Media Library. If 'Set Featured Image' is checked in Options, then the first image of the [flickrset] is used as such.
Flickr-sourced A/IMG tagged media is converted into [flickr] and then imported as normal. Great for finally bringing into your control all of those media items you've been using, but now Flickr is giving you 'Image is unavaiable' for. A/IMG tag is processed before IMG to prevent unexpected results.
Image attribution links can be added if enabled via Settings.
This plugin is handy for transitioning from plugin
flickr-gallery to your own Media Library because you have CDN services or want to move off of third party software.
There is no restore functionality. Backup beforehand or be prepared to revert every transformed post by hand via the post revision tool.
- Automatically adds media ids to newly inserted gallery shortcodes
- Flickr-sourced A/IMG tagged media imported into WordPress
- Media of [flick] shortcodes are imported and converted to locally hosted A/IMG
- Media of [flickrset] and [flickr-gallery] shortcodes are imported and converted to [gallery]
- Settings export/import
- Settings screen
Handled shortcode & media samples
- [flickr size="small" float="left"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancoulter/2619594365/[/flickr] (image)
- [flickr height="300" width="400"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/dancoulter/2422361554/[/flickr] (video)
- WARNING: Video media imported, but doesn't seem to work
- [flickr id="5348222727" thumbnail="small" overlay="false" size="large" group="" align="none"]
- [flickrset id="72157631107721746" thumbnail="small" photos="" overlay="true" size="large"]
- [flickr-gallery mode="photoset" photoset="72157626302265777"]
- [flickr-gallery mode="tag" tags="foo,bar" tag_mode="all"]
- [flickr-gallery mode="interesting"]
- [flickr-gallery mode="recent"]
- [flickr-gallery mode="search" tags="barcamp" group_id="431412@N25"]
<a class="tt-flickr tt-flickr-Medium" title="Khan Sao Road, Bangkok, Thailand" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/comprock/4334303694/" target="_blank"><img class="alignnone" src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2768/4334303694_37785d0f0d.jpg" alt="Khan Sao Road, Bangkok, Thailand" width="500" height="375" /></a>
<img class="alignnone" src="http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2768/4334303694_37785d0f0d.jpg" alt="Khan Sao Road, Bangkok, Thailand" width="500" height="375" />
- Skip Importing Videos - Importing videos from Flickr often fails. Shortcode is still converted to object/embed linking to Flickr.
- Import Flickr-sourced A/IMG tags - Converts Flickr-sourced A/IMG tags to [flickr] and then proceeds with import.
- Set Featured Image - Set the first [flickr] or [flickrset] image found as the Featured Image. Will not replace the current Featured Image of a post.
- Force Set Featured Image - Set the Featured Image even if one already exists for a post.
- Remove First Flickr Shortcode - Removes the first [flickr] from post content. If you use Featured Images as header or lead images, then this might prevent duplicate images in your post.
- Make Nice Image Title? - Try to make a nice title if none is set. For Flickr set images, Flickr set title plus a numeric suffix is applied.
- Replace Filename with Image Title? - Mainly for SEO purposes. This setting replaces the imported media filename with the media's title. For non-images, this is always done.
- Image Import Size - Size of image to import into media library from Flickr. If requested size doesn't exist, then original is imported because it's the closest to the requested import size.
- Default Image Alignment - Default alignment of image displayed in post when no alignment is found.
- Default Image Size - Default size of image displayed in post when no size is found.
- Default A Tag Class - Inserts a class into links around imported images. Useful for lightbox'ing.
- Link Image to Attachment Page? - If set, post single view images are linked to attachment pages. Otherwise the image links to its source file.
- Image Wrap Class - If set, a span tag is wrapped around the image with the given class. Also wraps attribution if enabled. e.g. Providing
flickr-image results in
- Set Captions - Uses media title as the caption.
- Include Flickr Author Attribution? - Appends Flickr username, linked back to Flickr image to the imported Flickr image.
- Flickr Author Attribution Text
- Flickr Author Attribution Wrap Class - If set, a span tag is wrapped around the attribution with the given class. e.g. Providing
flickr-attribution results in
- Add Flickr Link in Description? - Like
Include Flickr Author Attribution but appends the image description.
- Flickr Link Text
- Add Image License to Description? - Append image license and link to image description.
- Flickr Image License Text
- Posts to Import - A CSV list of post ids to import, like '1,2,3'.
- Skip Importing Posts - A CSV list of post ids not to import, like '1,2,3'.
- Import Limit - Useful for testing import on a limited amount of posts. 0 or blank means unlimited.
- Debug Mode - Bypass Ajax controller to handle posts_to_import directly for testing purposes.
- Post [flickr] Import Widget? - Minimum role to enable for [flickr] Import wi
dget on posts and page edit screens.
- Enable for Pages
- Enable for Posts
- Enable for Media
- Enable for custom post types - if any
- Flickr API Key - Flickr API Documentation
- Flickr API Secret
- Flickr User ID - For Flickr Gallery plugin. Example: 90901451@N00
- Images Per Page - For Flickr Gallery plugin.
- Reimport Flickr Source Images - Needed when changing the Flickr image import size from prior imports.
- Export Settings – These are your current settings in a serialized format. Copy the contents to make a backup of your settings.
- Import Settings – Paste new serialized settings here to overwrite your current configuration.
- Remove Plugin Data on Deletion? - Delete all Flickr Shortcode Importer data and options from database on plugin deletion
- Reset to Defaults? – Check this box to reset options to their defaults