Feedback and Support
I don't use the plugin anymore and don't really support it. If you're having issues, you could try visiting the WordPress forums or the old Google group.
The plugin also supports a number of parameters, allowing you to have multiple instances across your site.
'type' => 'user' - The type of Flickr images that you want to show. Possible values: 'user', 'favorite', 'set', 'group', 'public'
'tags' => '' - Optional: Can be used with type = 'user' or 'public', comma separated
'set' => '' - Optional: To be used with type = 'set'
'id' => '' - Optional: Your Group or User ID. To be used with type = 'user' or 'group'
'do_cache' => false - Enable the image cache
'cache_sizes' => array('square') - What are the image sizes we want to cache locally? Possible values: 'square', 'thumbnail', 'small', 'medium' or 'large'
'cache_path' => '' - Where the images are saved (server path)
'cache_uri' => '' - The URI associated to the cache path (web address)
'num_items' => 4 - The number of images that you want to display
'before_list' => '' - The HTML to print before the list of images
'html' => '<a href="%flickr_page%" title="%title%"><img src="%image_square%" alt="%title%"></a&>' - the code to print out for each image.
Meta tags available: %flickr_page%, %title%, %image_small%, %image_square%, %image_thumbnail%, %image_medium%, %image_large%
'default_title' => "Untitled Flickr photo" - the default title
'after_list' => '' - the HTML to print after the list of images
<?php get_flickrRSS(array('num_items' => 10, 'type' => 'public', 'tags' => 'london,people')); ?>
This would show the 10 most recent community photos tagged with london and people. It won't
show photos with only one of the tags.
<?php get_flickrRSS(array('set' => '72157601681097311', 'num_items' => 20, 'type' => 'set', 'id' => '44124462494@N01')); ?>
This would show the 20 most recent thumbnail sized photos from the specified user's set.
Latest Release: December 8, 2011
- 5.2 - Fixed image cache server name change, also had a nested function for some reason which was messing up multiple instances for people
- 5.1 - Minor interface tweaks to avoid confusion
- 5.0 - Added more customization of presentation logic, separated core code from display, improved paramter system, many other changes, thanks to Stefano Verna for major code updates.
- 4.0 - New interface for WP 2.5, support for sets and favorites, a few widget tweaks, some cleanup in the source
- 3.5 - Co-released with 4.0, bringing support for sets and favorites to WP 2.3
- 3.2.1 - Minor interface tweaks to avoid confusion
- 3.2 - Updated for WordPress 2.1
- 3.1.2 - Flickr altered the address of static photo urls, affected people using cache
- 3.1.1 - Minor update to add support for Flickr servers with three digits
- 3.1 - Flickr changed the RSS url, support for 20 images in admin panel, a few minor tweaks to display text
- 3.0.3 - added basic support for the WordPress Widgets plugin
- 3.0.2 - fixed before/after image bug, config panel back to options instead of presentation, put group option back in panel
- 3.0.1 - attempt to fix cache bug (wasn't working), fix for command parameter $type error
- 3.0 - Rewrote large parts of the plugin, proper flickr image size, parameters make more sense
- 2.3 - Flickr changed rss feed structure (permanent location of picture)
- 2.2 - should no longer display an error message if flickr times out.
- 2.1 - cURL (uses fopen if not found), empty cache no longer hardcoded, should work for multiple ids/tags, can now use quotes in the before/after tags, bugfixes
- 2.0.2 - bug fixes
- 2.0.1 - fixed new cache bug, flickr added a 10th photo server, breaking the script
- 2.0a - cURL instead of fopen, uses built in rss-functions instead of MagpieRSS, cleaned up options panel
- 1.2 - added thumbnail size
- 1.1 - bug fixes
- 1.0 - Options panel implemented
- 0.7 - Initial release