All the posts are not migrated. Why ?
- The archived posts or posts put in trash are not migrated. But unpublished posts are migrated as drafts.
The migration stops and I get the message: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of XXXXXX bytes exhausted"
- You can run the migration again. It will continue where it stopped. You can also increase the memory limit in php.ini if you have write access to this file.
The media are not migrated and I get the error message: "Warning: copy() [function.copy]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration"
- The PHP directive "Allow URL fopen" must be turned on in php.ini to copy the medias. If your remote host doesn't allow this directive, you will have to do the migration on localhost.
I get the message: "Fatal error: Class 'PDO' not found"
- PDO and PDO_MySQL libraries are needed. You must enable them in php.ini.
I get this error: PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'MYSQL_ATTR_INIT_COMMAND'
- You have to enable PDO_MySQL in php.ini. That means uncomment the line extension=pdo_mysql.so in php.ini
I get the message: "SQLSTATE  Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"
- First verify your login and password to your Joomla database.
- You must give access to the WordPress host on your Joomla database.
- If your provider doesn't allow external IP to access your database, you have two solutions:
- install WordPress on the same host as Joomla
- install WordPress and the Joomla database on your localhost and do the migration on localhost
Does the migration process modify the Joomla site it migrates from?
- No, it only reads the Joomla database.
I get this error: Erreur !: SQLSTATE[HY000]  Unknown system variable 'NAMES'
- It comes from MySQL 4.0. It will work if you move your database to MySQL 5.0 before running the migration.
None image get transferred into the WordPress uploads folder. I'm using Xampp on Windows.
- Xampp puts the htdocs in the applications folder which is write protected. You need to move the htdocs to a writeable folder.
Don't hesitate to let a comment on the forum or to report bugs if you found some.