- Old-school: upload the
FCChat folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/ directory via FTP. Hipster: Add the FCChat Widget via the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Activate the Plugin
- Add the Widget to the desired sidebar in the WordPress Widgets menu.
- Open the `FCChat Widget' options dialog by clicking on the widget once added to the sidebar.
- Follow the Steps listed in the dialog in order to activate the chat service. This will include signing up for a subscription to the service on http://www.fastcatsoftware.com.
- Rate the plugin and verify that it works at wordpress.org.
- Leave a comment regarding bugs, feature request, cocktail recipes at http://www.fastcatsoftware.com
When you upgrade to a new version, any customizations you made to the chat will be erased. In order to save those changes, do the following:
- Make backup copies of any files that you have altered. You may wish to make backups of the following folders: (fcchat/config, fcchat/languages, fcchat/styles, fcchat/html/config). Place them in a safe place where they will not be deleted.
- Next uninstall the old version and install the current version.
- Finally, manually copy the changes you made to the old files into the current version's files. Do not replace the new files with the old files, as the structure of the new files may have changed; but instead, use the wordpress file editor to make the changes line by line.
Also, when you upgrade to a new version, it is NOT required that you obtain a new chat ID.