Fanpage Connect is the WordPress plugin that allows you to create an manage your Facebook fan pages directly from WordPress.
- COMPLETE code overhaul, and there are too many fixes/updates to mention. However, here are a few...
- Updated to most recent Facebook SDK
- Migrated fan pages to custom post types
- Added custom post type App
- Migrated template from plugin to separate template file.
- Updated template layout to handle sidebars, header, footer and widgets
- Revamped the CSS files
- Streamlined all the JS
- Deprecated the Multi-Friend Inviter
- Added header/content/footer filters
- Update for facebook timeline format.
- Compliance with Facebook update on 2/01/2012 providing direct linkage of apps to fan pages.
- Fixed occasional https/http/multi-site confusion when activating the plugin.
- Fixed like/unlike in reload to ensure that a fan page url is defined for edge.create/remove events
- Now enqueueing jQuery!
- Added plugin version number to the global settings page
- Converted the soon to be deprecated setAutoResize function to setAutoGrow for FB iFrame resizing
- Emergency patch for broken version 1.4.2!
- Fixed the like/unlike behavior of the in-page like buttons
- Update for SSL compatability. Please upgrade!
- Updated sourcing of Google fonts to match document protocol (http/https)
- Updated registration/activation form to match document protocol (http/https)
- Updated to the latest Facebook SDK: 3.1.1
- Fixed the way Open Graph tags were working.
- Miscellaneous JaaScript updates and code tweaks
- Added 68 more Google Web Fonts for a total of 222!
- Organized Google Web Fonts into Sans-Serif, Serif, Handwriting and Display types
- Optimized page meta into a single array
- Streamlined/cleaned up miscecllaneous code
- Added "Defer to Global" in page menu settings
- Perfected page level override logic
- Added global Open Graph settings for fan pages
- Streamlined Meta Box functionality
- Minor fix to "force-to-iFrame" functionality
- Added checking for "like" between tabs. If you liked one, it should like the other.
- Changed from php sessions to cookies for dealing with like/unlike actions in multiple pages/tabs
- Added additional "P3P" header for IE to accept cookies in a 3rd party iFrame.
- Added global Fan Page URL setting
- Added script to force fan page into facebook iFrame if viewed outside fan page tab
- Moved Admin Menu to main WP Menu
- Added missing tag in HTML output
- Cleaned up the options page
- Added "Pick n Click" Interface for liked/notliked/admin shortcodes
- Added easy interface for Google Web Fonts
- Added additional styling to enforce web font CSS over original content CSS
- Updated the settings page
- Fixed potential error in admin page initialization
- Fixed potential error in detecting if youre editing the page from
- Fixed potential errors in updating page meta data
- Fixed php session to handle conflicts with other plugins.
- Moved page debug mode to global settings for ease of management.
- Updated to always call FB.init to execute FBJS.
- Centered Facebook comments on page.
- Updated to version 3.0.1 of the Facebook SDK - Better speed!
- Added shortcode for Google Fonts support!
- Footer content wasnt getting saved, but its fixed now!
- Facebook comments have been added!
- Added shortcode compatability to header/footer content
- Updated the shortcodes to clean up the WordPress "Auto P" function that cause gaps in content.
- Another fix for getting rid of scrollbars and iFrame resize problems.
- Fixed plugin activation/rgistration returning a 404 not found error.
- Added shortcode support for the custom header/footer content.
- Moved Custom Template option higher up in Meta Box for ease of access.
- Included five FREE templates for fan pages!
- Fixed custom template selection bug
- Fixed to be compatible with WP 3.1.1. We`re still not sure what the problem was with liked/notliked content!
- Fixed where the wp.css file was included in the code - sometimes it wouldn`t show up.
- Hopefully we fixed the activation error some users may experience.
- Added a little CSS to kill the scrollbars once and for all when iFrame is set to AutoFit.
- Removed the test code that kills the WP admin bar - my bad!
- Fixed the activation/registration that resulted in a 404 error for some users.
- Fixed the location of the default WordPress CSS (for image alignment and menus)
- Fixed showing fan page format when editing from "Trash"
- Added custom menu support!
- Added global menu settings in options page
- Added page level menu ovverides in meta box
- Added optional plugin attribution
Requires: 3.0 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.7.1
Last Updated: 2013-11-22
4.1 out of 5 stars
Got something to say? Need help?