This changelog is for the WordPress plugin. For the Fancybox main changelog go to its home page.
- Added support for disabling fancybox on individual hyperlinked images by adding class='nolightbox'. (Thanks to Artem Russakovskii)
- Added a link to the github project page in the info tab in the settings page.
- Fixed and cleaned the installation code, new installations of the plugin should work now without need to go to the settings page.
- Fixed false positives in filenames. (Thanks to Artem Russakovskii)
- Fixed incompatibility with wordpress installations where the wp-content directory had been renamed.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the version of the plugin to be removed from settings when deactivating the plugin.
- Improved HTTPS support by using better code to retrieve the plugin url and load files.
- Removed legacy code to suport upgrading settings from 2.x versions of the plugin. This was done to avoid possible issues with clean installations of the plugin.
- Updated some CSS rules in jQuery UI
- Some minor reformatting and cleanup of code (PHP comments, empty lines, )
- Updated: Localization catalog updated.
- Updated: Spanish localization.
- Fixed: Minor change in settings page that may fix options page being invisible in some cases.
- New: Fancybox v1.3.4 support This includes many new options, like title position.
- New: Additional FancyBox Calls option that lets the user write their own additional code to use FancyBox on specific areas of the blog, like email subscription buttons, login, etc.
- New: Revert settings button added to options page. When pressed, a confirmation dialog will appear.
- New: Improvements in options page, irrelevant settings (settings that depend on a disabled setting) will hide on real time, meaning a cleaner look in the options page.
- Updated: New cleaner code to select thumbnails on which to apply the fancbox script.
- Updated: Many parts of plugins rewriten with many improvements in code.
- Updated: Options are now serialized into a single row in the database.
- Fixed: Plugin should be SSL friendly from now on.
- Fixed: Do not call jQuery option in troubleshooting section didn't work if easing was enabled.
- Fixed: Load at footer options should work better now.
- Fixed: CSS external files now addded with wp_enqueue_style().
- Fixed: has_cap error: User level value for options page removed, using role now instead. Thanks to vonkanehoffen.
- Removed: jQuery "noConflict" Mode option removed bacause jQuery bundled with WordPress always used noConflict.
- Removed: Base64 data ("data:image/gif;base64,AAAA") in left and right fancybox link's backgrounds: It didn't seem to be working and it is usually regarded as suspicious code, so it has been removed.
- Fixed: Callback arguments are no longer added as "null" when they are not set in options page.
- Fixed: Little error tagging 2.7.3, a file didn't upload and broke options page.
- Update: Language POT file
- Fixed: Settings not saving in some browsers. Thanks to supertomate
- Fixed: JS being added to other plugins' configuration pages. Thanks to Brandon Dove
- Added: Support section in options page with better information
- Fixed: Layout problem in options page in WordPress 2.9
- Fixed: Z-index issue was left out in previus release
- Fixed: Setting to close fancybox when clicking on the overlay wasn't available in the menu
- Fixed: Frame width and height options are now in the "Other" tab
- Fixed: Tabs now translated in Spanish localization
- New: Fancybox v1.2.6 support
- New: New Admin page with tabs for better organization of all the options
- Added: Setting to change the speed of the animation when changing gallery items
- Added: Setting to enable or disable Escape key to close Fancybox
- Added: Setting to show or hide close button
- Added: Setting to close fancybox when clicking on the overlay
- Added: Setting to enable or disable callback function on start, show and close events
- Added: Italian translation
- Added: Russian translation
- Added: "Load JS at Footer" option
- Added: New Changelog tab in WordPress Plugin Directory
- Fixed: Some typos in Spanish translation
- Fixed: FancyBox not showing above some elements (those with zindex higher than 90)
- Fixed: noClonflict preventing frames to work in Fancybox
- Fixed: Custom frame width and height not being applied
- Updated: Japanese translation
- Updated: JS is now Minified instead of Packed
- Updated Custom Expression section in Options Page
- Fixed uppercase image extensions not being recognized
- jquery.easing.1.3.js compressed (from 8,10kb to 3,47kb) and renamed to jquery.easing.1.3.pack.js
- Added Turkish translation (some strings missing)
- Added Japanese translation (some strings missing)
- Updated Spanish translation
- Updated to use new Plugin API in WP2.7 for better forward compatibility
- Removed /wp-content/ reference in fancybox.php for better WP2.8 support
- Optimized some code readability
- Fixed the plugin not working when selecting Gallery Type "By Post"
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the title in the IMG tag from being copied to the A tag in some cases
- Fixed the Custom Expression showing in the Admin panel when other gallery types are selected
- Support for localizations (Spanish and German localizations included)
- Some parts of the code completely rewritten
- Fixed fancybox files being loaded on the admin pages
- New options for close button position, custom jquery expressions, iframe content
- Options page mostly rewritten, better organized
- Medium/advanced, troubleshooting/uninstall options collapsable, hidden by default
- Better support guidelines and links on options page
- Settings link on the Manage plugins page
- Custom expression hidden when not used
- Title atribute on IMG tags is now copied to its parent A tag for better caption support
- New uninstall options and better handling of new options when installing/updating
- Cleans any old options no longer needed when plugin is activated/updated
- Updated to FancyBox 1.2.1
- Added new settings to Options Page: Easing, padding size, border color
- Tweaked CSS to prevent some themes from adding unwanted styles to fancybox (especially background colors and link outlines)
- Options Page reorganized in three sections: Appearance, Behaviour and Troubleshooting Settings, to make settings easier to find
- Fixed a new bug introduced in 2.1 that prevented options from being saved. Sorry about the mess :(
- Fixed a major bug in 2.0 that prevented it from working until plugin's options page was visited
- Added two options for troubleshooting that might help in some cases if the plugin doesn't work: disable jQuery noConflict and skip jQuery call
- Additional fixes to caption CSS: Captions should look better now in Hybrid theme, child themes, and other situations where general table elements are improperly styled
- Brand new Options Page in Admin Panel lets you easely customize many options: fancybox auto apply, image resize to fit, opacity fade while zooming, zoom speed, overlay on/off, overlay color, overlay opacity, close fancybox on image click, keep fancybox centered while scrolling
- CSS completely updated for FancyBox 1.2.0
- Captions fixed in IE
- Shadows and Close button should be fixed now
- Updated to FancyBox 1.2.0
- Fixed FancyBox not being applied to .jpeg files
- Fixed "Click to close" overlay text
- Moved images to /img/ folder