AVH Extended Categories Widgets
The AVH Extended Categories Widgets gives you three widgets for displaying categories.
- Log errors as E_USER_NOTICE when creating category groups.
- When the category group home is deleted there are MySQL errors.
- Bugfix: Options of the group widgets are not obeyed.
- Bugfix: Options of the widgets are not obeyed.
- Bugfix: Widget would not keep checked categories
- Bugfix: Several PHP warnings and notices are shown.
- WordPress plugin page is no longer available.
- Category list doesn't show categories
- Add support for WordPress 3.6
- Dropped support for PHP4, from this version on it PHP 5 or higher.
- Fixed PHP Strict errors
- Fixed undefined variables errors.
- When updating a category a warning is can be shown.
- Missed a translatable string.
- Add French translation.
- Fix for WordPress 3.5
- Bugfix: Can not delete category groups
- Bugfix: Problem with categories not showing up when showing dropdown categories.
- Bugfix: Problem with url's on Windows platform.
- Bugfix: Another problem related to WordPress prior 3.3
- Bugfix: Problem with a flat display of categories.
- Bugfix: Problem loading the plugin on WordPress 3.2.x
- Adds Manual Order option. No need for 3rd party plugin anymore. This only works in WordPress 3.3.x
- Speed up the creation of the categories checklist in the widgets.
- Bugfix: The columns in the admin section don't save, making certain columns disappear.
- RFC: Adds the ability for the widgets to sort the categories as set with plugin My Category Order. This plugin allows to order categories manually.
- Bugfix: Fails to display the Category Group Widget when the widget is to display any group.
- Bugfix: Problems with multiple category group widgets.
- Bugfix: The category group All sometimes does not contain all categories.
- RFC: Category Groups can be associated with categories. This enables the plugin to display the Category Group Widget for that category group on the category archive page.
- Bugfix: In combination with WP Supercache an error can occur.
- Bugfix: An error occurs if there are no categories present in WordPress.
- Bugfix: Category Groups would be created every time you saved a post.
- Bugfix: Problem with initializing the plugin.
- RFC: Changed selecting Category groups in posts from tag-like to checkboxes.
- Removed the Menu item Category groups under Posts and Pages.
- Added several new localizations.
- Bugfix: When using multiple Category Group widgets, all of them would show up on the special pages instead of just the one selected in the options.
- Bugfix: Localization didn't work.
- Bugfix: A PHP warning would show up when using multiple Category Group widgets.
- Ability to assign multiple Category Groups to a post/page.
- A Category Group can be assigned to 'special' pages. The 'special' pages are: Home, Category archive, Tag archive, Daily/Monthly/Yearly archive, Author archive, Search results page.
- Bugfix: When using SSL in the admin section save would redirect to non-SSL and not saving the options.
- Bugfix: Hierarchy in the dropdown with selected categories didn't work properly.
- Bugfix: The widget for the Groups was a different setup as the others breaking certain theme layouts.
- Bugfix: Problem with Chrome and saving the category group.
- Bugfix: Extra metabox displayed. The plugin uses it's own metabox for Category Group selection.
- Speed improvements in the admin section when there are a lot of categories and several Categories widgets.
- Bugfix: Forgot to add a directory into SVN.
- Compatibility issues with upcoming WordPress 3 resolved.
- Bugfix: Description of the groups didn't save.
- RFC: All widgets - Option to sort the categories by slug.
- RFC: Category Group widget - Ability to set the widget title per group.
- Wrap the group widget in a div with id = name of group. This enables CSS modification based on the group.
- Hierarchical now works with the option "Select Categories" as well.
- Bugfix: If the normal widget and group widget are displayed on the same page as dropdown, the selected option could be the wrong one.
- Bugfix: In a RTL-based theme the admin menu would flip back to the left, instead of staying right.
- Bugfix: Hierarchical works in the Category Group widget.
- Bugfix: Change div tags in widget from ID to class to comply to W3 validation.
- Bugfix: The plugin conflicts with the standard theme/plugin editor in WordPress
- Bugfix: Definition of the metabox for post/page in the wrong place
- Renamed the plug-in to AVH Extended Categories Widgets
- Added new widget: Category Group. You can create groups with categories and associate the group with a post. The widget will show the categories from the group.
- Added translation: Italian - Italiano (it_IT)
- Added css file for widgets. Using the CSS you can change the layout of the text.
- Redid settings. Settings are now a separate menu.
- Reduced memory foot print.
- Increased speed.
- Development improvements.
- Added uninstall capability.
- Bugfix: The hierarchy check mark in the widgets would disappear.
- Bugfix: In drop down list the hierarchy would appear despite the fact that "Show selected categories only" was selected.
- Note: Some of the translations are not yet complete with version 3.0.
- Bugfix: Validation error on drop down categories.
- Bugfix: Saving the option didn't work
- Added translation: Spanish - Español (es_ES)
- Bugfix: Undefined function
- RFC: You can change the text Select Category, without editing any translation file.
- Bugfix: Selecting one parent wouldn't show it's children.
- You can now display only selected categories. This didn't work properly in an hierachical category structure.
- Added Czech translation.
- RFC: Internationalization of the plug-in.
- Bugfix: W3 Validation Errors when using drop down categories.
- Added option to exclude categories from displaying instead of including them. (Compliments to: Jose Luis Moya - http://www.alsur.es )
- RFC: The path for the RSS image can be URI.
- Bugfix: When selecting hierarchy and showing of all levels, the hierarchy wouldn't be shown.
- Top categories widget caused error in PHP4.
- Reported problem with calling a class by self ()
- Updated for WordPress 2.8. Unlimited amount of Extended Categories widgets is now possible.
- In WordPress 2.8 you have the options to select depth when showing hierarchy. See FAQ for more information.
- With WordPress 2.8 there is a new widget, AVH Extended Categories Top. This will show the top categories based on amount of posts.
- Bugfix: Compatibility issue with the plug-in wp-security-scan
- RFC: Option to show RSS feed after categories
- Bugfix: Problem when using multiple widgets with the drop down option.
- Ability to have up to 9 widgets.
- You can select which categories to show (Requires WordPress 2.5.1 or higher).
- When no category or an empty category is selected the dropdown menu shows Select Category, like the default category widget.
- Drop down menu didn't work. Page wasn't refreshed with selected category.
Requires: 2.3 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.8.3
Last Updated: 2013-12-31
4.3 out of 5 stars
0 of 2 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?