Upgrade from the older Events Manager plugin
Events Made Easy is completely backwards compatible with the old data from Events Manager 2.2.2. Just deactivate the old plugin, remove the files if you want, and proceed with the Events Made Easy installation as usual. Events Made Easy takes care of your events database migration automatically.
Again my note of warning: Events Made Easy (EME) is a fork (NOT an extension) of the older Events Manager (EM) version 2.2.2 (April 2010). After months, the original plugin came back to life with a new codebase, but I added so much features already that it is very hard to go back to being one plugin. Read here for the differences since 2.2.2: http://www.e-dynamics.be/wordpress/?page_id=2
After the installation, Events Made Easy add a top level "Events" menu to your WordPress Administration.
- The Events page lets you edit or delete the events. The Add new page lets you insert a new event.
In the event edit page you can specify the number of spaces available for your event. You just need to turn on RSVP for the event and specify the spaces available in the right sidebar box.
When a visitor responds to your events, the box sill show you his reservation. You can remove reservation by clicking on the x button or view the respondents data in a printable page.
You can also specify the category the event is in, if you activated the Categories support in the Settings page.
Also fine grained control of the RSVP mails and the event layout are possible here, if the defaults you configured in the Settings page are not ok for this specific event.
- The Locations page lets you add, delete and edit locations directly. Locations are automatically added with events if not present, but this interface lets you customise your locations data and add a picture.
- The Categories page lets you add, delete and edit categories (if Categories are activated in the Settings page).
- The People page serves as a gathering point for the information about the people who reserved a space in your events.
- The Pending approvals page is used to manage registrations/bookings for events that require approval
- The Change registration page is used to change bookings for events
- The Settings page allows a fine-grained control over the plugin. Here you can set the format of events in the Events page.
- Access control is in place for managing events and such:
- a user with role "Editor" can do anything
- with role "Author" you can only add events or edit existing events for which you are the author or the contact person
- with role "Contributor" you can only add events in draft or edit existing events for which you are the author or the contact person
Events list and calendars can be added to your blogs through widgets, shortcodes and template tags. See the full documentation at the Events Made Easy Support Page.