Event Organiser adds event management that integrates well with your WordPress site. By using WordPress' in-built 'custom post type', this plug-in allows you to create events that have the same functionality as posts, while adding further features that allow you to manage your events. This includes the possibility of repeating your event according to complex schedules and assign your events to venues. This can all be done through an intuitive user interface, which allows you to view your events in the familiar WordPress list or in a calendar page in the amin area.
| Function Reference
| Booking Add-on
A full list of available extensions can be found here.
For the user
- Create one-time events or reoccuring events.
- Allows complex reoccuring patterns for events. You can create events that last an arbirtary time, and repeat over a specified period. Supports complex schedules such as On the third Tuesday of every fourth month or Every month on the 16th.
- Ability to add or remove specific dates to an event
- Event functions available which extend the post functions (e.g.
the_author()) to ouput or return event data (the start date-time, the venue etc). For examples of their use see the documentation or the included template files.
- Create and maintain venues for your events, with Google maps support and a fully-featured content editor.
- Calendar widget - displays a calendar (identical to the standard WordPress Calendar)
- Event List widget - displays a list of events, with options to specify the number of events, restrict by categories or venues etc.
- Event Agenda widget
- Year, month and day archive pages
- (full)Calendar, includes optional category & venue filters.
- (widget) Calendar
- Event List (similar to Event List widget)
- Event Agenda (similar to Event Agenda widget)
- Venue map
- Subscribe to event feeds
- Relative date queries (for example, query events that finished in the last 24 hours, or events starting in the coming week).
- Assign events to categories and tags, and view events by category or tag.
- Color-coded event categories.
- Custom permissions allow to specifiy which roles have the ability to create, edit and delete events or manage venues.
- Venue pages, to view events by venue.
- Export/import events to and from ICAL files.
- Delete individual occurrences of events.
- Public events feed: allow visitors to subscribe to your events, or a particular venue / category.
- Supports 'pretty permalinks' for event pages, event archives, event category and venue pages.
- (Optionally) automatically delete expired events.
For the developer
- Adds an event custom post type that fits naturally into WordPress and allows for all the functionality of 'posts'.
- Respects the template hierarchy. Default templates can be over-ridden by including the appropriately named template files in your theme folder.
- Plug-in actions and filters are provided to modify the behaviour of the plug-in (hook reference
- Extensive function API & documentation
- Provide custom templates for shortcodes, widgets and ICAL export
- Custom metaboxes and meta data support for venues (see tutorial).
- Booking add-on available
A big thank you to those who have provided translations for Event Organiser. If you wish to help out with translating the plug-in, you can do so here.
- Arabic - Layla, Mohamed Nazir
- Bulgarian - Parvan Voynov
- Catalan - jordioniric, marc.antje
- Chinese - sdsunqian
- Czech - Jan Kupsa
- Croatian - Branimir
- Danish - Intox Studio, Malthe, Morten Lyng
- Dutch - Ingrid Ekkers, Roel
- English (Canada) - GhostToast
- Estonian - Kristjan Roosipuu
- Finnish - Kari Tolonen, Juhani Marttila
- French - Remy Perona, Arnaud
- German - Martin Grether & Henning Matthaei
- Greek - Vasilis, Panagiotis
- Hebrew (Israel) - heli
- Hungarian - Csaba Erdei
- Icelandic - HrHagedorn
- Indonesian - Daniel Tampubolon
- Italian - Emilio Frusciante, Pio Muto, Daniele Piccoli
- Japanese - ogawa, tkj, takeshi terai, haya.
- Latvian - Kristaps
- Norwegian - Erlend Birkedal
- Norweign (Bokmål) - DagC
- Persian (Iran, Islamic Republic of) -
- Polish - Bartosz Arendt
- Portuguese (Brazil) - Rafael Wahasugui, rafaelkvidal
- Portuguese (Portugal) - Emanuel Teixeira
- Romanian - raduanastasedev
- Russian - Sergei
- Slovak - ViRPo
- Slovenian - Matej
- Spanish (Spain)- Joseba Sanchez, jagarre, jelena kovacevic
- Spanish (Peru) - Pedro Valverde
- Swedish - Sofia BrÃ¥vander, Urban Norlander
- Thai - Nibhon, Wuttichai Songprapai
- Turkish - Gökhan DAMGACI
- Ukranian - Максим Кобєлєв