Event Organiser adds event management that integrates well with your WordPress site. By using WordPress' in-built 'custom post type', this plug-in allows you to create events that have the same functionality as posts, while adding further features that allow you to manage your events. This includes the possibility of repeating your event according to complex schedules and assign your events to venues. This can all be done through an intuitive user interface, which allows you to view your events in the familiar WordPress list or in a calendar page in the amin area.
| Function Reference
| Booking Add-on
- Adds an event custom post type that fits naturally into WordPress and allows for all the functionality of 'posts'.
- Create one-time events or reoccuring events.
- Allows complex reoccuring patterns for events. You can create events that last an arbirtary time, and repeat over a specified period. Supports complex schedules such as On the third Tuesday of every fourth month or Every month on the 16th.
- Ability to add or remove specific dates to an event
- Venue admin page to add and maintain the venues for your events, with Google maps support and a fully-featured content editor.
- Custom metaboxes and meta data support for venues.
- The Calendar widget displays a calendar (identical to the standard WordPress Calendar) that highlights events with links to the events archive page, listing events occuring that day.
- The Event List widget outputs a list of events, and allows you to specify the number of events, restrict to event categories or venues and their order etc.
- The Event Agenda widget.
- Year, month and day archive pages
- Relative date queries (for example, query events that finished in the last 24 hours, or events starting in the coming week).
- The Calendar and Event List shortcodes, similiar to their respective widgets, for use in themes or in posts and pages.
- Shortcode to dislay a public version of the admin 'full calendar'.
- The Venue map shortcodes to display a map of a venue.
- Custom permissions allow to specifiy which roles have the ability to create, edit and delete events or manage venues.
- Template pages include in the plug-in for 'quick-start'. These can be over-ridden by including the appropriately named template files in your theme folder.
- Event functions available which extend the post functions (e.g.
the_author()) to ouput or return event data (the start date-time, the venue etc). For examples of their use see the documentation or the included template files.
- Assign events to categories and tags, and view events by category or tag.
- Color-coded event categories.
- Venue pages, to view events by venue.
- Export/import events to and from ICAL files.
- Delete individual occurrences of events.
- Public events feed: allow visitors to subscribe to your events.
- Supports 'pretty permalinks' for event pages, event archives, event category and venue pages.
- (Optionally) automatically delete expired events.
A big thank you to those who have provided translations for Event Organiser