What is QR Code?
QR Code is well described on Wikipedia.
How does the plugin work?
Plugin generates a QR Code image using Esponce API 3.0.
Image is then downloaded and cached so all images are served from a local server.
Why is my QR Code not displayed?
- A parameter may have wrong value, check parameters, especially 'size' and colors.
- Shortcode: syntax may not be valid, try to use UI editor.
- Plugin is out of date, try to update to the latest version.
- Esponce.com is in maintenance mode or API (web service) blocks connections.
- There could be other issues, e.g. bugs or browser/platform issues.
How to use shortcode?
Edit a post and go into HTML mode:
[qrcode content="http://www.esponce.com/" size="90x90" foreground="#1982D1"]
- content - required parameter, content to be encoded in QR Code, e.g. hyperlink, phone number, message
- size - module size (number between 1 and 20) or image size (width x height where both dimensions are equal), e.g. "3" or "100x100"
- padding - distance from edges, value between 0 and 4, each unit is represents one module
- version - defines capacity and overall image size, values from 1 to 40 or empty for auto
- ec - error correction level, values: L, M (default), H, Q
- foreground - module color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, default is "black"
- background - background color, color name or #[AA]RRGGBB hex value, e.g. "transparent" or "#00FFFFFF", default is "white"
- tooltip - text to appear on mouse over ('title' attribute)
- alt - text for 'alt' attribute
- class - additional CSS class names
- style - additional CSS styles
Note: double quotes are escaped as " and new lines as &br;
A feature is not working as expected. What can I do?
There are some settings you can change. Open esp-qrcode.php in editor (or edit plugin code in WordPress) and change PHP constants:
- ESPONCE_PERMALINK_WITH_QUERY - a value indicating whether to include URL query in permalink: true to add query strings (default value), false for no query strings (smaller QR code)
- ESPONCE_ENABLE_CACHING - enable image caching: true to save generated QR Code image on local server (more reliable), false to always generate new image from web service (frequent content changes)