- with WordPress 2.6.x:
- PHP 4.3
- PHP option "allow_url_fopen=On"
- with WordPress 2.7.x
- PHP 4.3
- PHP curl module installed option (activated in most of PHP platforms)
The next release of the plugin will run only with WordPress 2.7 and higher.
- The plugin is available for download on the WordPress repository,
- Once downloaded, uncompress the file eg-delicious-wp-sync.zip,
- Copy or upload the uncompressed files in the directory wp-content/plugins in your WordPress platform
- Activate the plugin, in the administration interface, through the menu Plugins
The plugin is now ready to be used.
You can also use the WordPress 2.7/2.8 features, and install the plugin directly from the WordPress interface.
Then you can go to menu Settings / EG-Delicious to set plugin parameters
- The configuration panel is available in the Settings / EG-Delicious menu,
- First, you have to give your Delicious username, and password. These parameters will allow the plugin to query Delicious API, to get posts list, tags list ...
- After you press Save changes, a new form appears, with synchronization parameters,
- The mandatory parameters are the assignemnts between WordPress categories of links, and Delicious bundles or tags. If the plugin cannot find the right categories, links won't be synchronized,
- Once you fill the assignments table, click on "Save changes",
- Options are saved, and you are ready to lanch your first synchronisation session.
- To synchronize the Delicious and WordPress links databases, use the menu Links / Delicious Sync.,
- Click on the start synchronization button,
- The plugin sends requests to Delicious and WordPress to collect links, tags, and bundles, and build synchronization table,
- When the calculation is terminated, the plugin displays this synchronization table. You can choose the categories, and the action to operate on each link,
- When you click on the Update changes button, the plugin proceed with all links when the action, and categories fields are not empty
- The session is terminated, when you synchronize all links, or when you press the Stop synchronization button.
This feature synchronizes the lists of tags of Delicious and WordPress.
- You can first, go to Settings/EG-Delicious, to set the options of this synchronization,
- You can choose to add Delicious tags into WordPress, or align the Delicious tags with the WordPress tags,
- Once the configuration is done, you can start the synchronization, using the menu Posts / Tags Delicious Sync,
- When you click on this menu, the plugin downloads the list of Delicious tags, and compares it with the WordPress list. Once this comparison is terminated, the plugin displays a table with tags, and suggested actions,
- For each tag, you can specify the action you want (add to WordPress, del from WordPress ...),
- When you set all parameters, click on Save changes to launch the synchronization.
This feature automatically add in Delicious, the post you publish in WordPress.
- The feature can be activated in the menu Settings/EG-Delicious
- In the Posts publication part, click on Activation checkbox,
- You can choose also which tags will be used to add your post in Delicious. You can use WordPress tags, WordPress categories, or specify tags manually.
- Once settings are saved, each time you edit a post, and click on the Publish button, your post will be add to Delicious with the specified tags.
- If you delete a post in WordPress, it will be also deleted in Delicious
EG-Delicious Blogroll widget
This widget allows you to display your blogroll, but it gives you more options than the standard widget.
- You can display the blogroll, in 1, or 2 colomns,
- The option Minimum number of links is the limit under which the widget uses only one columns.
- You can choose the categories you want to display
- If you check Group links by category, the widget will display one "block" per category, each block starting by the name of category,
- if you have a page or a post, displaying all your links, you can specify its ID in the field Page/Post ID to see all links. The widget will display an additional link named All bookmarks, linked to the specified page or post.
Network Badge widget
This widget displays a summary of your Delicious profil (Name, number of posts, ...).
You can choose:
- the title,
- the size of the icon,
- the field (name, number of posts, size of your network, number of your fans, ...),
Delicious tags widget
This widget displays the Delicious tags, as you can do with the WordPress tags.
- Number of tags to display,
- The minimum and maximum font size,
- The sort key (popularity, or just alphabetical), and sort order (ascending or descending),
- The style you want to use: flat or simple list,
- You can also display your Delicious Name, and sentence such as "Add me to your network"
In these three widgets, you can choose where or when to display them:
* Where: only home page, categories pages, or post/page pages. You can specify also, a specific category, tags or post/page.
* When: you can choose to display or hide widgets according the current selected language ...
This feature is available in the Tools / Delicious backup menu. It backups all Delicious links and tags, and store backup file in the plugin directory.
You can download the resulting files, or read them on a browser. You can also re-import them in Delicious, in case of errors.