Most of plugins related to Delicious allow to display Delicious links, or synchronize the last links. They use RSS features of Delicious, with three main disadvantages:
- They can adress only the last updated or added links,
- Use RSS, even with a cache, can slow down your blog,
- Links are not stored permanently in the WordPress database.
EG-Delicious-Sync use the HTTP API of Delicious, and allows to perform a true full backup of your Delicious links, into the WordPress database, in the standard table (wp_links). So, after this synchronization, you can use the standard features of WordPress to manage and display these links (widgets, template tags ...), as if the Delicious posts are local.
- You have a backup of your Delicious database,
- You manage only one list (Delicious), and you are sure that WordPress links are up to date.
You can customize the backup (or synchronization) with a number of options:
- You can entirely control the links classification, by assigning the WordPress categories of links, with the Delicious bundles, or the Delicious tags,
- You can specify if you want a single categories per link, or allow several categories,
- Specify if you want to keep the links already existing in the WordPress databases
- Tags synchronization: align the Delicious tags with WordPress tags,
- An enhanced blogroll widget: display whay you want, where you want!
- Widgets to display the Delicious Network Badge, and the Delicious tags,
- A full backup (without synchronization) of the Delicious database,
- You can also automaticaly add your WordPress posts in Delicious, when you publish them. With this feature, you can see your post popularity in Delicious (how many people bookmark your posts).
- Ability to schedule links synchronization (hourly or daily frequency)