The following instructions assume the user’s possession of an Instagram account and its login credentials, and that the account has been loaded with a minimum of one photo.
To Install "Easy Instagram"...
- Steps 1-2: Load the plugin
- Steps 3-7: Register for your Instagram API client
- Steps 8-9: Authorize your Instagram API client in WordPress
Load the plugin
- Either - Download Velomedia's "Easy Instagram" Plugin from our website; unzip the file and drop the unzipped 'easy-instagram' folder into the .../wp-content/plugins/ directory. Or, on the Plugins panel in the WordPress CMS, press the 'Add New' button; then press 'Upload'; browse for the downloaded zip file, select it, press 'Open'; then press 'Install Now'.
Or, search for and download "Easy Instagram" from the WordPress repository found when pressing 'Add New' on the Plugins panel in WordPress.
- In the WordPress CMS, select the "Plugins" or "Installed Plugins" menu option. Under the "Easy Instagram" plugin entry, press 'Activate' to turn on the plugin.
Register for your Instagram API client (see why you need to register an API client in this plugins FAQs)
- Open up a new browser window or tab and point it to http://instagram.com/developer/ ; then click the 'Login' link in the upper right corner.
- After you enter your Instagram login username and password, you will be taken to the 'Edit Profile' page, click the 'API' link on the page's footer to take you back to the .../developer/ page.
- Once you are back to the developers page, click the 'Register' link located in the 'Get Started' diagram.
- Click the 'Register a New Client' button located in the upper right corner.
- This should bring you to the "Register new OAuth Client" page, enter the following information in the text fields:
* Application Name: [title of the website for this client registry]
* Description: [short description of your website]
* Website: [your website's URL(example: http://www.domain_name.com)
* OAuth redirect_uri: [this is the URL for WordPress' Settings page for the Easy Instagram plugin. Should look like this:
Then click 'Register'. You should be taken to the “Manage Clients” panel which will list:
* Client ID
* Client Secret
* Redirect URI
Authorize your Instagram API client in WordPress
- Back in your WordPress CMS, navigate to the new "Easy Instagram" panel, in the CMS menu under "Settings". Copy and paste the three fields from the Instagram “Manage Clients” panel over to the appropriate fields on the plugin Settings page. Enter the desired cache expire time in minutes. Then click the 'Save Settings' button.
Under the "Instagram Account" heading, click the 'Instagram Login' link and authorize Easy Instagram to access your account by entering your Instagram username and password.
This process should return you back to the Easy Instagram Settings page in your WordPress CMS, where you will see your Instagram User ID.
This is the numerical ID you will use to create feeds of Instagram photos specifically from your Instagram photo account.
The Easy Instagram plugin is now set up and ready to use on your website!