1. How do I configure email notifications and confirmations?
When setting outgoing email addresses, please use addresses from your site domain name.
There are several places to pay attention to.
1. Open the Easy Contact Forms Settings page and set an email address to be used for sending notifications.
2. Open the SuperAdmin profile and change its name, or anything but do not change its role.
3. Open the form mailing list and add users who should receive notifications.
2. Where I can find additional information?
Please visit http://easy-contact-forms.com.
3. Sample contact form
Do not use the sample contact form, which is supplied with the plugin.
Use a form copy.
It is easy to create by pressing the Copy button
4. Which field types are supported by Easy Contact Forms?
- Field set - this is a container grouping the contact form fields into logical groups.
- Field list - this is a container, which is similar to the field set except it does not show a frame around the field groups and has an extra option allowing selecting the list label style: h1, h2, etc.
- Text is an ordinary contact form field allowing entering short text. It is useful when it is necessary to enter short textual data such as names, titles, etc.
- Text area, in opposite, is a field, which is useful when it is necessary to enter long text, such as request descriptions, or biographical info.
- Email is a contact form field checking the email format and informing a site visitor when he or she makes a mistake in their email.
- Number is a field, which accepts only decimal numbers.
- Checkbox is a contact form checkbox field.
- Select is a contact form dropdown list.
- Radio Group is a group of radio boxes.
- Hidden fields add a contact form anti-spam protection layer. It is hard to recognize this field among real contact form fields. This field uses server side validation only. It may protect a contact form from the majority of spam bots.
- reCaptcha is great at anti-spam job. In order to use it in your contact form, you should obtain private and public keys from google.com.
- Submit button just submits contact form data.
- File Upload field allows uploading several files and once.
5. Which contact form field settings are available?
- Show label indicates whether the field label should display on the contact form.
- The Label box holds the field label text.
- Label position allows selectin where the label is placed on the contact form.
- Set Label CSS class and CSS style to change label style.
- Field description allows entering a brief message to explain the field purpose helping to fill out a contact form.
- Unset the Show description checkbox to remove the description from a contact form.
- Description position allows moving the description.
- The Description CSS class and CSS style fields change description style.
- When the Set Default Value checkbox is set, the contact form field will display the defined value.
- The Blank checkbox allows indicating whether a contact form should treat this value as empty.
- If a field is required, the form validation functions, on both client and server sides, will not allow leaving this field empty.
- The Set Required suffix checkbox allows displaying an asterisk (by default), which signals that this field is required.
- The CSS Class and CSS style field pair allows adjusting prefix style.
- The Required message text box allows changing the default error message.
- If the Absolute position checkbox is unset the error message the error message will be embedded into a contact form.
- The Validate check box triggers contact form validation actions.
- If the Set valid message checkbox is set a contact form will show a success message.
- The Set style checkbox allows indicating whether a field should use the style settings defined in the CSS Class and CSS Style fields.
- The Set size checkbox allows appling the field size settings.
- The Set contact options checkbox allows creating a link between a contact form and a database contact.
- The Registered Users option allows adjusting the contact form behavior when a registered site user visits the contact form page.
- Link to application field allows to select which database field should a contact form link to.
6. Where can I find information about other Easy Contact Form objects?
- The Entries tab of the contact form object contains a list of form entry list. The Process entry data button adds a new contact.
- The Users object is intended to store information coming from contact forms.
- If a contact form is configured to store data in the database, the plugin will try to find a user, having an entered email address and will create a new contact if the contact is not found.
- The Application settings Send from field is an email address, used to send notification messages.
- The Admin part of intensively uses jQuery, but the front end part contact forms do not use jQuery.