August 11, 2014 by Ipstenu
- Changed SDK to newest version: 2.6.12 (official release notes)
- Many code concepts learned from Amazon Web Services.
- Added support for ZipArchive, with graceful fallback to PclZip if needed, to fix Windows unzip issues
/cache/ folder is not backed up anymore
- Backs up
wp-config.php sometimes... (if you put it in a weird place, I'm not responsible)
- Backup ignores
wp-content if it's nearly 2G (blame PHP, not me!)
- Zip has shorter paths (unzipped, it's /dreamobjects-backup/wp-content/etc)
- Improved multipart uploads, which should allow for large files in a better way (worked up to 428M!)
- Force disable on Multisite, which you shouldn't be using since it breaks six ways from Sunday anyway
- Security tightening: hiding things, making things harder for people to run, safer command usage
- Improved debug logging
- Removed uploader for both security and support reasons. It was bad and I feel bad.
- New wp-cli command:
wp dreamobjects resetlog (resets the debug log)
May 1, 2014 by Ipstenu
- Beginning deprecation of the uploader. If you're using it, it'll stay.
- Changing images to CSS
Jan 23, 2014 by Ipstenu
- AWS was being picky and doing things that users don't care about. (Props @renoirb)
- Cleaned up some PHP 5.4 functions
Nov 21, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Change blindness. What happens when you copy the wrong file over and don't even notice. (Props araucaria)
Nov 20, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Wrong use of echo -- _e() should be __() (props Marko and Shredder)
- TARDIS error. Any time you pick a timezone that was +GMT, it mathed out totally wrong (props DreamHost customer Jeremy C!)
- Clean up scheduled hooks on uninstall
- Error message for PHP less than 5.3
- Outright failure to activate on Multisite (this is intentional, it's NOT supported)
- Added cache-buster for compatibility with DreamPress/Varnish
- MP6 ready (aka will look nice on WP 3.8)
June 24, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Changing how the backup is done to make it smaller but also to support more configurations. Now it only backs up wp-content.
- Increased timeouts for SQL
Mar 28, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Dropping support for PHP 5.2, since AWSSDK did it first. It's not me, Mom!
Mar 19, 2013 by Ipstenu
- PHP 5.4 support required updating the AWSSDK (props Shredder)
- Added in an actual checkbox for super debug mode
- Edited AWSSDKforPHP/services/s3.class.php to work with CEPH
Feb 11, 2013 by Ipstenu
- The shortcode was broken. No one noticed. Not sure what that means ;)
Jan 23, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Fixing timeout with large zips
- Fixed Multipart for files over 100megs (props Stephon)
Jan 16, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Massive re-write. Now using The full SDK instead of Amazon S3 PHP Class (Thank you Stephon, Shredder/@GetSource, and Justin at DreamHost)
- Security level up: Using register settings and the nonces the way WP intended (thank you @no_fear_inc, @rarst, @trepmal)
- Logging now covers uploads, plus has more information for debugging.
- Moving DHDO::, messages, registering settings, and many other things to their own files.
- Fixed lingering debug warning with translations.
- Using the MultiPart uploader, which should handle larger files.
Jan 3, 2013 by Ipstenu
- Optional logging (good for debugging)
- No longer takes a backup right away when saving settings (good for testing lots of stuff)
- Hiding keys if set for security
- Reset option (wipes all settings)
Dec 30, 2012 by Ipstenu
- Fixed date/time issue with backups displaying wrong (did not impact functionality, just bad date conversion)
- Changed refs of siteurl to home_url, in order to fix wp-cli backups going astray under certain conditions
- Security fixes (from duck_ aka Jon Cave)
Dec 21, 2012 by Ipstenu
- Made a change to how times are generated using current_time correctly, vs time (props Regan, a DreamHost customer, for letting me log into your site!)
- Changed date() to date_i18n() (thank you @Rarst for your 'tsk' - it lights a fire)
- Cleaning up debug errors
- Fixed uninstall
Nov 1, 2012 by Ipstenu
- Backup retention - chose your own adventure.
Oct 11, 2012 by Ipstenu
- Uploader added
- Shortcode to list uploaded files added
- Moved New Bucket code to the main settings page, where you can see your buckets now
Sept 27, 2012 by Ipstenu
- All minor changes, but since people had been using 1.0, I thought a kick was in order.
- Security (nonce, abspath, etc)
- Better defines
- wp-cli (still not 100%)
Sept 2012, by Ipstenu
- Forked WP S3 Backups to work with DreamObjects.
- Upgraded Amazon S3 PHP Class to latest version
- Pretified, consolidated, organized, and formatted.
- Saving temp files to upgrade (vs it's own folder)