- Upload the 'double-opt-in-for-download folder to the "/wp-content/plugins/" directory
- Activate the Double Opt-In for Download plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Create a landing page for your subscribers and add this shortcode to it, [lab_landing_page]. You can change the button text in the download button by adding button_text="My Special Text" to the short code. The whole short code would look like this: [lab_landing_page button_text="My Special Text"]
- Configure the plugin by going to the "Settings" sub-menu that appears under DOI-Download in your admin menu.
- Upload your Free download by going to the "Downloads" sub-menu. Give your file a name, select your landing page, attach your free download, then upload it.
- Once your file is uploaded, copy the generated shortcode and paste it into the pages and posts of your choosing or use the sidebar widget.
You can also use the "Double Opt-In Sign Up" widget on your pages.
After you have completed steps 1 thru 6 above:
- Add widget to the sidebar of your choosing.
- Add a title for your free download if you desire.
- Select the download you would like to use in the dropdown box.
- Save it.
- Style the widget accordingly in the options settings.