The document repository is designed to provide a central revisioned repository for documents in WordPress network being implemented as a content management system. However, it can be used in single WP sites and supports cross domain implementation via JSON.
- Download via permlink - The document post permalink delivers a direct download of the current version of the uploaded document.
- Document revisions - On upload of each document, a new revision of the document post is created. Previous versions remain attached to prior revisions.
- Version independence - The permalink to the most recent version of the document doesn't change which enables one time internal or external linking to the document.
- Revision download via permalink - Prior versions of the document each have a distinct permalink which delivers a direct download.
- Optional custom taxonomies - A custom taxonomy plugin is included to model implementing custom taxonomies with the document post type
- Optional custom roles - A custom role plugin is included which permits restricting contributor, author & editor access to document posts based on organizational role
- Optiona extras - The extras plugin is included to add a link to document admin to document maintainers' admin bar & adds a document media type to the edit post area across the network.
User instructions/documentation provided by University of Mary Washington
This plugin was written by Ron Rennick in collaboration with the University of Mary Washington.
Plugin Page for details