Plugin for integrating your DizzyJam shop into your WordPress website by taking advantage of the public Dizzyjam API (documented here).
This plugin displays your DizzyJam merchandise on your WordPress blog, and enables the visitors to make purchases directly via the blog pages.
You can also use this plugin to manage your shop (settings and products) directly via the WordPress administration pages.
After a successful installation, you should see a Dizzyjam entry in the WP Admin navigation menu. This link will take you to the plugin administrative settings. Initially, the settings consist of two fields - Auth ID and API Key. You need to fill in your DizzyJam API ID and Key values, and then press the Get Shop Data button. If your credentials are valid, the plugin will load the information for your shop(s) along with the products you have in them.
When shop data is successfully loaded, you will also have access to the following settings:
- Shop - The ID of the DizzyJam shop that WordPress will work with (in case you have multiple shops under your API ID).
- Country - Used for to determine default currency and shipping fees for the merchandise.
- Products per page - Number of items to display on a single page.
- Cache time - Items retrieved from the DizzyJam API will be cached for this duration.
Adding the DizzyJam product listing to a page
- Create a new WordPress page, or open up an existing page for editing in the Administration menu.
- Add the shorttag [dizzyjam] inside the page contents.
Adding a link to the DizzyJam basket
- Edit your Posts template and call the function get_dj_basket(), as in:
<?php get_dj_basket() ?>
- This function takes a single optional argument, which provides the name of the page that contains the [dizzyjam] shorttag, e.g.:
<?php get_dj_basket('my-custom-shop-url') ?>
- By default the function will generate a path pointing to the page name "shop"
Editing DizzyJam shop settings
- Click on the Dizzyjam button in the WordPress Administration menu
- Click on the Shop Profile link that will appear under the DizzyJam category
- Fill in the desired settings and submit them using the Update button
- Click on the DizzyJam button in the WordPress Administration menu
- Click on the Products link that will appear under the DizzyJam category
- You will get a product listing where you can:
- Edit/View/Remove the current products
- Add new products by using the Create new button near the top of the page