Degradable HTML5 audio and video
Shortcodes for HTML5 video and audio, with auto-inserted links to alternative file types, and degradable performance (lightweight Flash and download).
- Addressed problems caused by v1.8.1. If you still have problems with 1.8.2, I updated the 'does not recognize the location' in FAQ.
- Added optional class parameter applied to the wrapper div and to audio and video tags. Defaults to 'html5audio' and 'html5video'.
- Fixed a bug where on some server configurations, the Flash fallback video player would not play the file.
- Added support of FLV videos (works either as simple Flash playback, or as a prefered version of fallback player when H.264/Ogg versions exist)
- Added support of .ogv and .oga extensions in autodetection and manual format setting (.ogg continues to work)
- mp3 only is now acceptable for audio. See "So what file formats are required?" in FAQ
- Updated the Flash Audio Player to the latest version
- Added "What if the plugin conflicts with another plugin?" to FAQ
- Fixed the compatibility table: Chrome can play MP3 using HTML5
- Added a call to enqueue jQuery (needed if 'avoiding' Firefox)
- For a video poster, the plugin will attempt to detect a jpg with the same file name and use it when 'poster' is not specified
- Fixed a bug where H.264-only videos would not play in IE8
format option to manually specify available file formats (avoids auto-detection and allows storage anywhere)
- For video, you now do not need to provide the Ogg Theora files. If only H.264 version is available, Firefox will be served with the Flash fallback.
- Due to the auto-detection involved, video files should be somewhere under your content folder (usually 'wp-content'). UPDATE: Unless you use manually override this (using v.1.6.0).
- Compatibility with WordPress 2.9 and 2.9.1
- The width and height of the HTML5 video element is now explicitly set
- The autoplay and loop options (if used) are also applied to the Flash fallback audio player
- The plugin accepts relative paths (e.g.
/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/new_world in addition to
- If the path and name to media includes the file extension ('.mp3' etc.), it will be ignored and the media will function properly
- Fixed a problem with the audio Flash player introduced by incorrect upload of v1.2 (affects some users). Apologies!
- Switched to a three-digit version numbering.
- The audio files no longer need to be under the 'uploads' directory but anywhere within your content (usually 'wp-content').
- Updated the way IDs are applied to the fallback Flash players (they use the supplied or generated ID prefixed with 'f-').
- Added optional attribute
options to define the player behavior (default is: show built-in controls, buffer media when page loads but do not start autoplay and do not loop).
- Added support for .wav (WAVE) audio (the preferred source, if present).
- Fixed bug with incorrect IDs of the fallback Flash players.
- Documentation expanded to cover available codecs, Google Chrome 3.0, and options.
Requires: 2.6 or higher
Compatible up to: 2.9.2
Last Updated: 2010-5-2
3.8 out of 5 stars
Got something to say? Need help?