An easy way to protect the RSS feed from the theft is possible with this WordPress plugin. You are able to customise the copyright message you will add at the bottom of your feed articles.
The copyright message will also be added for your ATOM feed.
Why this plugin is useful?
Adding a copyright at the end of your feed posts as the following advantages:
- Improve the SEO: if a website aggregate your feed, you will earn at least one more backlink to your content. It will be a contextualised deep link with an optimized anchor text
- Avoid automated content scrapping: some splogs may steals your content. Using a copyright may avoid content thefts
- Avoid duplicate content: make sure that Google will know you are the real author of the content
- Easy to use. Install it and that's it
- Personnalize your copyright. You can edit the default copyright and write your own message
- You can use HTML on the copyright message. Such as adding a link to the original post
- Works for RSS feed and ATOM feed
- Multi languages : English, French (from : France, Canada, Belgium, Switzerland and Luxembourg)
Want a WordPress developper? Want to add a translation? Feel free to contact me.