A simple and intuitive, yet elegant and fully documented Google map plugin that installs as a widget and a short code. No limited plugin editions or limited functionality! This is the full version of this free and premium plugin, which comes packed with useful features:
- Intuitive and user friendly interface, which makes it very easy to configure Google map. No complex configuration options. Facebook style interactive interface for managing multiple map markers. OpenStreetMap imagery available
- With over 250 amazing custom marker icons to choose from!
- Aggregate all your post markers in one map - Marker Geo Mashup!
- Help tooltips enabled, which makes your configuration hassle free
- Google-like directions: driving and walking, distance shown in miles or KM, avoid tolls and highways options, direction print functionality
- Info window can display marker's street view within itself.
- Plugin is fully documented. If help tooltips are not enough, you can always refer to the full documentation about each of the settings
- Short-code builder available, which integrated with post/page editor. In other words, you do not need
manually to type the short-code in the editor (But you can if you want to).
- The plugin auto generates unique ID for each map. In other words - unlimited maps! You do not need to specify and maintain unique map
IDs explicitly when dealing with multiple maps on the same post/page.
- The plugin offers extensive configuration options for Google map marker, controls, size, KML files, location by latitude/longitude, location by address, info windows with custom text, traffic/bike lanes and more!
- Support for custom overlays: Panoramio photos on the map (http://www.panoramio.com/), bicycle lanes and traffic info.
- User can get directions to the locations on the map (markers)
- Widget enabled.
- Cross browser compatible
- Loads geographic markup from a KML, GPX, KMZ or GeoRSS files hosted remotely.
If you liked the plugin, you can join the Comprehensive Google Map Fan Page on Facebook.
Although I try my best to release a bug-free code, one or two may slip through. It would be so cool and I would really appreciate it if you would report any bugs to me first at http://initbinder.com/comprehensive-google-map-plugin, before reporting the plugin to be broken. I am quick to respond.
The plugin uses wonderful custom marker icons from the Maps Icons Collection project by Nicolas Mollet.