CM Downloads Manager is a plug-in for WordPress that enables you to specify which users are allowed to upload, manage, track and support music, documents or files in a directory listing structure that others can use and comment upon. This plugin also supports downloads password protection, integration with retail store checkout, and has preview options for different file formats and for preview listening of music files before downloading.
With this plugin you can create a directory where users can upload and manage Files / Downloads / Apps / Add-on / Packages / Plugins / Archives, where each posting contains its own detailed description. The CM Download Manager plugin tracks downloads with a counter and supports forum comments for each download page (similar to a WP Plugin Directory).
Visit Plugin Site or plugin video review
- Plugin Directory - Creates a plugin directory that is similar to any other WordPress Plugins Directory.
- Download Counter - Counts the number of downloads for each download.
- Support forum - Supports your users by letting them vote and answer existing topics that relate to each download.
- Customer Support - Support for retail customer's questions.
- File Manager - Manages files in a directory structure.
- MP3 and Music file directory - Manages music downloads and allow users to listen to audio files before downloading.
Demo & User Guide
- Includes a download counter.
- Includes voting for each download.
- Includes download categories.
- Administrators can manage downloads.
- Built-in support forum for each download.
- Template can be customized in several ways.
- Image preview for each download.
- Filter downloads with an internal search engine.
- Administrators can define the types of file extensions supported.
- User can track his or her downloads from their user profile.
- User can receive email notifications on newly submitted support questions.
Pro Version Features
The Pro version adds a layer of powerful features to the CM Download Manager giving administrators better tools to customize their Downloads system behavior, with added login support from social networks, added password protection support, and a lot more...
- Social Media Registration Integration- Integrates with Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. View Image One, View Image 2
- Shortcodes/Widgets- Generates top level contributors list, recent updates, and in most cases, a download items list.
- View Restriction- Defines according to each download whether or not it is open to non-logged in users. If only logged in users are allowed, administrators can also define whose user roles can view specific downloads. This can be set by Admin or you can give the user ability to custom define their view. View Image
- Password Protection- Protects downloads with passwords. View Image, View demo
- Upload Restrictions- Defines which user roles can create new downloads. View Image
- URL / Shortcode- Allows the inclusion of an external URL or a Shortcode in download page instead of uploading a file. This is useful for integration with other plugins for support with checkout shopping carts and for selling downloads. View Example of EDD integration , View Example of User Selection, View Demo
- Related Downloads- Show Related downloads on the Download page. View Image, View Demo
- Downloads Page Tabs- Shows more tabs for detailed download descriptions on the Download page, which the admin can control in the settings. View Demo
- Search- Filters search results by date, download type and username. View Demo
- Moderate User Comments- Administators can moderate user comments. View Image
- Auto-Approve Comments and Answers from Users- Administrators can define a list of users who do not need any moderation. View Image
- Multisite- Supports multisite.
- Public User Profile- Automatically generates a public profile page that contains the number of downloads each user has posted with a link to his or her social media profile. View Image
- Gravatar - Ability to show a Gravatar near the user name and in user profile. View Image
- Order Comments - Shows comments on the Download page in either ascending or descending order. View Image from Settings
- Localization Support - Frontend (user side) is localized/
- View Count - Shows view count for each download and lets you control how the view count is tabulated (by view or by session) View Image from Settings, View Image from Downloads edit screen
- Permalinks - Ability to change permalink from /cmdownloads to a user defined directory. View Image from Settings
- Support Tab - Ability to remove support forum and also other tabs from the Download page. View Image from Settings
- Slide Show - Ability to turn off the slide show. View Image from Settings
- Disclaimer - Add an option to show a disclaimer for first time users. View Image from Settings, View Image from site
- Gratitude Message - Does not include the CMinds Gratitude message in the footer.
- External Viewer - Adds external links to Google Docs viewer for supported Google Docs document types. View Demo
- MP3 Viewer - Adds an embedded mp3 player for listening to music files. [View Demo](http://www.cminds.com/cmdownloads/mp3-audio-example/]
- Downloads Index Views - Option to toggle between a list view and a tiles view of your downloads. View Demo
- Social Share - Includes a social share widget in the question page. View Demo- Widget on the right
Visit Pro Version Page
More About this Plugin
You can find more information about CM Download Manager at CreativeMinds Website.
More Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Ad Changer - Manage, Track and Report Advertising Campaigns Across Sites. Can turn your Turn your WP into an Ad Server
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary - Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website's terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Answers - Allows users to post questions and answers (Q&A) in a Stack-overflow style community forum which is easy to use, customize and install. Comes with Social integration Shortcodes.