To install the plugin to the following steps
- Download chCounter and unpack it, e.g. in /chcounter
- Install chCounter via the webinterface http://www.yourDomain.tld/chCounterDirectory/install/install.php
- Unzip the zip-file and upload the content to your WordPress Plugin directory.
- Activiate the plugin via the admin plugin page.
- Go to Options --> chCounter Widget and set up the directory of your chCounter installation as well as parameters shown on the frontend
- Go to the widget page and add it to your sidebar. Don't forget to set the title via the widget control panel