I created Ceceppa Multilingua to let WordPress have an easy to use interface for managing a fully multilingual web site.
With "Ceceppa Multilingua" you can write your posts and pages in multiple language. Here are some features:
- Separated posts and pages for each languages, so you can use different SEO and url for each languages.
- Translate your theme ( Plugin let you translate strings and will generate the .mo file for wordpress )
- URLs pretty and SEO-friendly. ?lang=en, /en/foo/ or en.yoursite.com
- Translate widgets title.
- Filter widgets by language
- Translate Site Title / Tagline
- One-Click-Switching between the languages
- One-Click-Switching between the translations
- Category link translation
- Different menu for each language.
- Add flags to menu
- Customize "Navigation label" for each language
- Group/Ungroup comments for each post languages.
- Show notice when the post/page that user is viewing is available, based on the information provided by the browser, in their its language
- Least Read Posts, Most Commented, Most Read Posts can show only the posts in user selected language
- Change wordpress locale according to current language, useful for localized themes
- Show the list flag of available languages on top or bottom of page/post
- Plugin works also with custom post types :)
- Redirects the browser depending on the user's language.
- Different post filter method
- Filter search in according to current language
- Compatible with wpml-config.xml ( experimental )
- "CML: Language Chooser" - Show the list of available languages
- "CML: Recent Posts" - The most recent posts on your site
- "CML: Text" - You can write arbitrary text or HTML separately for each language
3rd part compatible plugins
- WordPress SEO by YOAST
- All in one SEO pack
- Google XML Sitemaps
Ceceppa Multilingua supports infinite language, which can be easily added/modified/deleted via the comfortable Configuration Page.
All you need to do is activate the plugin, configure categories and start writing the content!
For more Information visit the Plugin Homepage
Setting up a WordPress multilingual site with Ceceppa Multilingua
Flags directory are downloaded from Flags
Some icons from Icons
Tooltip plugin for Jquery Tipsy
Php-gettext by Danilo Shegan [php-gettext] https://launchpad.net/php-gettext/
Pgettext by Ruben Nijveld