This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Register and obtain a CareerBuilder Developer Key at http://api.careerbuilder.com/RequestDevKey.aspx. You'll need a separate key for each site where you use the plugin.
- Download and unzip the plugin folder.
- Upload the
careerbuilder_jobs folder to the
- Create a template Page in your theme's folder for job results, and one for job details. We have included examples of these in the plugin's example_pages folder, and you can move or copy these into your theme's folder if you like. Important: Ensure that you select the correct Page that matches these pages in the plugin settings.
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress and configure the settings to your liking.
- Go to the Permalinks settings, and click Save Changes. You only need to do this once, to activate the plugin's rules.
<?php echo $CB_JobSearch->show_job_results(); ?> in the Job Results page, and
<?php echo $CB_JobSearch->show_job_details(); ?> in the Job Details page. Note: We have included example templates for both of these pages in the plugin folder. You can move them into your theme's folder, if you like.
- Optional: If you'd like to display our prebuilt search form differently than the default functionality, use
<?php echo $CB_JobSearch->default_jobsearch_form(); ?> anywhere you'd like the form to appear, and in the plugin options remove the default job search form.
- Review the CareerBuilder Jobs settings, and customize if needed.