BuddyPress Registration Groups
Allows a new BuddyPress user to select groups to join during the registration process.
- Tested plugin as functional with WordPress 3.8 and BuddyPress 1.9
- Prepared echoed and printed text for localization
- Added semantic markup to the checkbox list
- Changed the "bp_has_groups()" per_page option to use "groups_get_total_group_count()" instead of a static number
- Added an admin settings page! Woo hoo!
- Added the ability to change the section title that is displayed
- Added the ability to change the description text that is displayed
- Added the ability to display groups sorted by the same options as "bp_has_groups()": active, newest, popular, random, alphabetical, most-forum-topics, most-forum-posts
- Added the ability to toggle the display of private groups
- Added the ability to specify the number of groups to display
- Removed all trailing "?>" tags from .php files
- Beefed up the loader a bit
- Enqueued styles correctly
- Added responsive styles
- Styles are now enqueued at all times as guessing the registration template name is not guaranteed
- Replaced deprecated function "update_usermeta" with "update_user_meta"
- Replaced deprecated function "get_usermeta" with "get_user_meta"
- Added a short FAQ
- Validated plugin is compatible with BuddyPress 1.5
- Modified plugin listing to remove 20 group limit; limit is now 99999
- Validated plugin is compatible with WordPress 3.2.1 and BuddyPress 1.2.9
- Changed default group listing to only show public groups, hidden and private groups are not shown
- Fixed a bug where the timeline would not record group names correctly on join
- There is a known issue with user avatars not displaying in the timeline when joining on registration, plugin works fine otherwise
- Changed group ordering on the registration page to alphabetical
- Replaced static link to plugin .css file with a dynamic one
- Addressed minor styling issue
- Addressed error that was being thrown if no groups were selected
- Tested as functional on WordPress 3.0 and BuddyPress 22.214.171.124
- Tested as functional in both WP3 single and multisite installations
- Updated plugin to work in single and multiuser environments
- Tested as functional on WordPress 2.9.2 and BuddyPress 126.96.36.199
- Tested as functional on WordPress MU 2.9.2 and BuddyPress 188.8.131.52
- Added a readme.txt
- Added loader.php to prevent plugin from loading if BuddyPress is not active
- Added includes directory
- Moved bp-registration-groups.php to includes directory
- Added plugin specific CSS file to includes directory
- Added code to only load CSS on the registration page
Requires: WordPress 3.7.1 / BuddyPress 1.8.1 or higher
Compatible up to: WordPress 3.8 / BuddyPress 1.9
Last Updated: 2013-12-17
4.4 out of 5 stars
0 of 1 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?