- Upload the plugin's folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- If your community is not in the root of your domain or subdomain, then you must make a config file. You must set the
::$WP_SUB_FOLDER variable to the directory of your community.
E.g. for http://www.my-domain.com/bp/(BP SITE), ::$WP_SUB_FOLDER='bp'.
For http://www.my-domain.com/charity/community/(BP SITE), ::$WP_SUB_FOLDER='charity/community'. WARNING, please make sure you save the config file in the correct place - See FAQs for information about creating a config file. All it requires is making a new folder (in the correct place) and adding a PHP config with your settings. These settings will override the default settings.
- That's it!
You can change the default setting by creating a special config file. See FAQs for more information.
You can change:
- The MODE, two modes: block all pages from logged out users apart from a few public pages OR allow access to all pages apart from a few private (members only) ones.
- The WP_SUB_FOLDER, the directory where your BP site is, this must be changed if your BP site isn't at the root of your domain or sub-domain.
- The ALLOWED_URIS, these are the pages that are accessible to non-members. (Default = Array('')) (Used in default mode only)
- The NOT_ALLOWED_URIS, these are the pages that are not accessible to non-members. (Default = Array('')) (Used in alternative mode only)
- The REDIRECT_TO_URL, this is where you'll be redirected too if you try to access a private page when you're logged out. (Default = site_url())
- The REDIRECT_HOOK, this is a string that will appear in the URL that stores the private page that you were redirected from. This is used to redirect the user again after logging into your site.
- The BLOCK_RSS_FEEDS, if true then all of the WordPress and BuddyPress feeds will be blocked. (Default = TRUE)
- The BLOCK_WIDGETS, if true then the sidebar widgets won't be displayed to logged out users. This is useful as often private information is contained in the sidebar widgets. (Default = TRUE)
- The ALLOWED_WIDGET_IDS, an array of widget ids that are OK to display to logged out users (Used in default mode only).
- The NOT_ALLOWED_WIDGET_IDS, an array of widget ids that are not OK to be display to logged out users (Used in alternative mode only).
- You can also set custom messages that will appear in the RSS/ATOM feeds instead of your private content.