BU Navigation provides key tools you need to manage large numbers of pages.
- Replaces the built-in “Page Parent” and “Menu Order” dropdowns with an intuitive drag and drop interface for managing your page hierarchy
- The “Edit Order” screen presents you with a holistic view of your site’s structure for bulk ordering operations
- The Content Navigation widget presents a customizable sidebar navigation list fed from your natural page hierarchy
- Add external links to navigation lists with the “Add a Link” tool
Additionally, themes that support the primary navigation feature gain the ability to display a primary navigation list fed from page order. With two lines of code any theme can benefit from this feature-rich custom menu alternative.
- Display a primary navigation menu using the natural page hierarchy, eliminating the need for end-users to manage navigation lists separately from page order
- Navigation labels give you the ability to vary your page’s navigation label from their title
- Easily toggle the visibility of specific pages or sections of pages from your navigation menus
- Customize primary navigation settings through the “Primary Navigation” screen
For more information check out http://developer.bu.edu/bu-navigation/.
For developer documentation, feature roadmaps and more visit the plugin repository on Github.