- Behaviour change: Home and Mainsite titles were removed.
- Behaviour change: All HTML capable strings are now passed through wp_kses.
- New feature: Added bcn_breadcrumb_url filter.
- New feature: %title% and %htitle% now are replaced with the the “Site Title” for the home breadcrumb and the “Network Name” for mainsite breadcrumbs.
- New feature: Support for the proposed Theme Hook Alliance tha_breadcrumb_navigation filter.
- New feature: Added %ftitle% and %fhtitle% tags that are not affected by bcn_breadcrumb::trim().
- Bug fix: Minor tweaks to the tabs in the admin page to better support the new version of jQuery UI tabs (in WordPress 3.5+).
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where initial settings were not being translated due to the text domain not loading.
- Bug fix: Added verbiage to clarify what the “Post Parent” selection for “Post Hierarchy” does.
- Behaviour change: Date archives are only available for the 'post' post type.
- New feature: All Custom Post Types can now either use a post parent, or taxonomy based hierarchy.
- New feature: Post Format archives are now supported.
- New feature: Reorganized settings page with more responsive elements.
- Bug fix: Widget will now display properly when told to include the paged breadcrumb on the main posts archive.
- Bug fix: Using flat taxonomies as the post hierarchy no longer causes extraneous breadcrumb templates to be applied.
- Bug fix: Mainsite link now works on posts and pages in multisite environments.
- Bug fix:
bcn_breadcrumb::title_trim() no longer cuts HTML encoded characters.
- Bug fix:
bcn_breadcrumb::title_trim() no longer trims the title when the title length is equal to the max length.
- Behavior change: Made the behavior of posts using flat taxonomies match the behavior of using a hierarchical taxonomy when the post is not assigned a taxonomy term.
- New feature: Custom Post Types that are hierarchical can now fall back to a taxonomy if they don�t have a parent.
- New feature: Pretext option for the included Widget, allows 'You are here:' type messages in the widget.
- Bug fix: Textdomain was changed to the correct one in the widget.
- Bug fix: Textdomain was changed from 'breadcrumb_navxt' to 'breadcrumb-navxt' for improved compatibility with the new GlotPress translation flow.
- Bug fix: Fixed cause of PHP warnings on empty term archive pages.
- Bug fix: Fixed cause of PHP warnings on term archives restricted to a specified post type.
- Bug fix: Fixed cause of PHP warnings and improper behavior on author archives if showing the page number in the breadcrumb trail.
- New feature: Estonian translation added props to Martin Orn.
- New feature: Azerbaijani translation added props to Zaur Bayramov.
- Bug fix: Replaced deprecated RDFa and Microformat breadcrumbs with Schema.org breadcrumbs support in the included sidebar widget.
- Bug fix: Mainsite breadcrumbs are linked once again.
- Bug fix: Safe default settings for CPTs and taxonomies should work now.
- Bug fix: Updated translations should work, previously the old ones loaded.
- New feature: Norwegian translations added props to Jan Rosvoldsve.
- Bug fix: Fixed line 591 and line 646 errors in multisite installs.
- Bug fix: Attachments will now obey the root page setting for their parent, regardless of the parent's post type.
- Behavior change: Prefix, suffix, and anchor settings have been replaced with templates for all breadcrumb types.
- Behavior change:
bcn_display_nested function was removed from the main plugin. Will appear in a supplementary plugin.
- Behavior change: Import/Export/Reset tab moved under the admin bar Help menu.
- Behavior change: Paged breadcrumbs are enabled in the default settings, among other subtle changes.
- New feature: More useful Help menu, utilizing the new WordPress 3.3 Help menu.
- New feature: True URLs are now generated for current items when link current item is enabled.
- New feature: The display of the custom post type archive breadcrumb for custom post types may now be disabled.
- New feature: Added in fallback functions for PHP's multibyte character string functions for environments that do not have multibyte character support.
- Bug fix: Custom post type archives now respect the root page setting.
- Bug fix: Custom post types without WordPress post archives enabled will no longer cause a double root page breadcrumb to be generated.
- Bug fix: Tabs on the settings page are now rounded for all "modern" browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, and IE9.
- Bug fix: Tabs on the settings page are now remembered between setting saves (including multiple saves from within the same tab).
- Bug fix: Fixed another cause of the "The following settings were not saved" error message.
- Behavior change: Settings can not be saved, imported, or exported until any necessary settings updates and/or installs are completed.
- New feature: Support for WordPress 3.1 custom post type archives.
- Bug fix: Displays a warning message in the WordPress dashboard if PHP version is too old rather than trying to deactivate and dieing on all pages.
- Bug fix: Fixed a potential cause for the "options not saved" error.
- Bug fix: Fixed bug where the "Blog Breadcrumb" was not obeyed on archives.
- Bug fix: Root pages for custom post types should work again.
- Bug fix: The post_post_root and post_page_root not being saved warning when saving settings should be fixed.
- New feature: Error reporting added for some errors that may occur during a settings save.
- New feature: Custom post types may use dates as their taxonomy type.
- New feature: New display_nested function to facilitate support for Google's Breadcrumbs RDFa and Microformat.
- New feature: Paged display works for all post types now (was previously restricted to archives).
- Bug fix: Fixed a few cases where Breadcrumb NavXT may cause PHP warnings.
- Bug fix: Automatically deactivates if PHP version is tool old rather than just displaying warning message.
- Bug fix: Custom post types that are not associated with any taxonomies no longer cause PHP Notices.
- Bug fix: Various PHP Notices introduced in 3.7.0 were fixed.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where multiple runs caused the current_item_prefix and current_item_suffix to be applied multiple times.
- Bug fix: The included display functions will behave more appropriately when database settings don't exist.
- Bug fix: Fixed multibyte UTF-8 character support for custom taxonomies.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the widget (Appearance > Widgets) would not load the appropriate translations.
- New feature: Support for "global"/network wide breadcrumb trails in networked setups of WordPress 3.0.
- New feature: Can use any hierarchical post type as a hierarchy for flat post types.
- New feature: Users are now warned if settings are out of date, allowed to do a one click settings migration.
- New feature: Users can now control if a post type uses the "posts page" in it's hierarchy or not.
- Bug fix: Breadcrumb trails for attachments work properly now for custom post types.
- Bug fix: Users can now set custom post types to have a page hierarchy through the settings page.
- Bug fix: Fixed issues where the PHP version check did not work correctly.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where all settings would get reset on "clean" 3.6.0 installs on plugin activation.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue when a static front page is specified but the post page is not.
- New feature: Vastly improved support for WordPress custom post types.
- New feature: Can now restrict breadcrumb trail output for the front page in the included Widget.
- New feature: Can now undo setting saves, resets, and imports.
- New feature: Translations for Japanese now included thanks to Kazuhiro Terada.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the class element were not closed in a li opening tag.
- Bug fix: Safer handling of blank anchor templates.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the %title% tag in the current item anchor template would be trimmed.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where a deactivation/activation cycle would reset all of the user specified settings.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the archive by date suffix field did not save.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where custom taxonomy settings did not save.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where xml settings files would not import.
- Bug fix: French and German translations updated for 3.5.x.
- New feature: Added actions
bcn_after_fill, see documentation for more information.
- New feature: Widget rewritten to use the WordPress 2.8 Widget API, now multi-widget capable.
- New feature: Widget output can be in list form, can be in reversed order, and can be unlinked.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the current tab was forgotten after a save in the settings page.
- Bug fix: Fixed various WP API issues with WordPress 3.0.
- Bug fix: Fixed title trimming so that it works properly with multi-byte characters.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue with PHP unexpected $end on line 1567 in breadcrumb_navxt_admin.php.
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where the %link% anchor tag would not be replaced with a URI for flat taxonomies (e.g. tags).
- Bug fix: Fixed issue where paged breadcrumbs would cause WP_Error objects to be thrown.
- New feature: Proper support of custom taxonomies. category_parents and post_tags replaced with term_parents and post_terms.
- New feature: Ability to use date as post "taxonomy".
- New feature: Translations for Italian now included thanks to Luca Camellini.
- Bug fix: Fixed permalink for day breadcrumbs.
- Bug fix: Flat taxonomy archive breadcrumbs now are surrounded by both the standard and archive prefix/suffix combination.
- Behavior change: The core plugin was removed, and administrative plugin renamed, direct class access still possible.
- New feature: Ability to trim the title length for all breadcrumbs in the trail.
- New feature: Ability to selectively include the "Blog" in addition to the "Home" breadcrumb in the trail (for static frontpage setups).
- New feature: Translations for Russian now included thanks to Yuri Gribov.
- New feature: Translations for Swedish now included thanks to Patrik Spathon.
- Bug fix: Minor tweaks to the settings link in the plugins listing page so that it fits better in WordPress 2.8.
- Bug fix: Now selects the first category hierarchy of a post instead of the last.
- New feature: Translations for Belorussian now included thanks to "Fat Cow".
- Bug fix: The
bcn_display_list() wrapper functions obey the
* Bug fix: Anchors now will be valid HTML even when a page/category/post title has HTML tags in it.
* Bug fix: Revised
bcn_breadcrumb_trail::category_parents to work around a bug in
get_category that causes a WP_Error to be thrown.
* Bug fix: Importing settings XML files should no longer corrupt HTML entities.
* Bug fix: Can no longer import and reset options at the same time.
* Bug fix: WordPress 2.6 should be supported again.
- New feature: Now can output breadcrumbs in trail as list elements.
- New feature: Translations for Dutch now included thanks to Stan Lenssen.
- New feature: Now breadcrumb trails can be output in reverse order.
- New feature: Ability to reset to default option values in administrative interface.
- New feature: Ability to export settings to a XML file.
- New feature: Ability to import settings from a XML file.
- Bug fix: Anchor templates now protected against complete clearing.
- Bug fix: Calling
bcn_display() works with the same inputs as
- Bug fix: Calling
bcn_display() multiple times will not place duplicate breadcrumbs into the trail.
- New feature: Tabular plugin integrated into the administrative interface/settings page plugin.
- New feature: Default options now are localized.
- New feature: Plugin uninstaller following the WordPress plugin uninstaller API.
- Bug fix: Administrative interface tweaked, hopefully more usable.
- Bug fix: Tabs work with WordPress 2.8-bleeding-edge.
- Bug fix: Translations for German, French, and Spanish are all updated.
- Bug fix: Paged archives, searches, and frontpage fixed.
- Bug fix: Default options are installed correctly now for most users.
- Bug fix: Now
bcn_breadcrumb_trail::fill() is safe to call within the loop.
- Bug fix: In WPMU options now are properly separate/independent for each blog.
- Bug fix: WPMU settings page loads correctly after saving settings.
- Bug fix: Blog_anchor setting not lost on non-static frontpage blogs.
- Bug fix: Tabular add on no longer causes issues with WordPress 2.7.
- New feature: Spanish and French localization files are now included thanks to Karin Sequen and Laurent Grabielle.
- Bug fix: UTF-8 characters in the administrative interface now save/display correctly.
- Bug fix: Breadcrumb trails for attachments of pages no longer generate PHP errors.
- Bug fix: Administrative interface tweaks for installing default options.
- Bug fix: Changed handling of situation when Posts Page is not set and Front Page is set.
- New feature: Completely rewritten core and administrative interface.
- New feature: WordPress sidebar widget built in.
- New feature: Breadcrumb trail can output without links.
- New feature: Customizable anchor templates, allows things such as rel="nofollow".
- New feature: The home breadcrumb may now be excluded from the breadcrumb trail.
- Bug fix: 404 page breadcrumbs show up in static frontpage situations where the posts page is a child of the home page.
- Bug fix: Static frontpage situations involving the posts page being more than one level off of the home behave as expected.
- Bug fix: Compatible with all polyglot like plugins.
- Bug fix: Compatible with Viper007bond's Breadcrumb Titles for Pages plugin (but 3.0.0 can replace it as well)
- Bug fix: Author page support should be fixed on some setups where it did not work before.