You can install the plugin through your WordPress plugins menu, or use the following manual steps:
- Deactivate any previous version of the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
- Delete any previous version of the plugin in the
- Upload the entire plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Once you have activated the plugin:
- Enter your user Token ID on the the plugin Settings page. Get one for free by filling out BookNet Canada's request form at http://token.booknetcanada.ca.
- Click Save.
Insert a book:
- Insert an book into a post or page in one of two ways. Using the WordPress visual editor, click the plugin button to add a form for entering a book number and options, then click Preview or Insert. Or, in a post, page, or text widget, insert the plugin tags and an ISBN number, like so: [booknet booknumber="9780439023511"].
- Type your content as usual after the instance.
By default, the plugin will display a book cover image, title, author, and publisher and other data.