Documentation for Developers
Disable the addition of Google Analytics code to page
You can disable the addition of GA to any page. This feature was requested for use with things like when a page is shown in an iFrame on another site and I thought it could be useful.
To disable tracking, call the following static method:
The order of items in this list does not indicate any priority. The list is simply things that I would like to add and I'm not sure any of them will definately be added. The priority is set by what I need for clients over anything else. If there is some feature that you have a specific need for or would like to see added sooner rather than later post a comment in the support forum. If it is not listed here already, a link to the documentation for the Google Analytics feature you're looking for would also be appreciated.
- Create a setting to have cross linked domain links not open in a new window when outbound links are set to open in a new window or vice versa, perhaps allow selecting of what cross linked domains open in a new window and which do not. Possibility: two text areas to enter two lists of domain names?
- Add Custom Varaibles Google Doc
- Add search engine configuration Google Doc
- As part of above, toggle setting for tracking search results/local page as a search engine
- Move to Analytics.js currently in public beta Google Doc Allow either old or new or both GA versions
- Add ability to select what forms will be tracked vs the all or nothing approach used now, perhaps by the form ID parameter
- Add ability to disable analytics based on visitor IP address
- Add ability to track specific local links as outbound
- Add ability to not track outbound links to specific domains
- Add some type of anonymous reporting so that I can see what features are being used and where I should concentrate efforts for improvement.
- Add Opt-in support?
- Add ability to treat specific URLs as downloads, possibly with regex support.
- Improved Time on Page (ToP) & Time on Site (ToS) metrics: use event tracking to ping every X seconds, with max. Importand information here and here
- Add link counter for links to the same destination so that tacking of the exact link on the page can be determined
- Add additional information to events for form submissions to more accurately define the form that is being submitted