A WordPress plugin I’ve written with the co-operation of the kind folks at the Libraries Interact blog makes it possible to take links listed in your Blogroll, using the Links Manager, and create a Google Custom Search Engine (CSE) automatically.
Features of the plugin include:
- Grouping links into categories
- Distinguishing between links that are considered “live” and those that are “abandoned”
- Control over the text displayed to the user for various user interface elements
- Managing the colour of elements in the CSE search results display
The plugin is currently in use by the Libraries Interact blog to power the list of blogs on the Aussie Library Blogs page.
- Compatibility updates for WordPress 2.7
- Add optional link to plugin page when list of links is displayed
- The Google CSE search form will only work if you're using permalinks