These are the directions for the install. Be sure to read Directions for Use before using.
- Upload 'the banner-effect' directory to your plugins directory
- Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Banner Effect Header and enter the email you used to publish your banners on Banner-Effect servers.
- Then you should see a list of available banner: pick one and it will be displayed as header.
Banner Effect Installation
Important: To use this plug-in, you have to download and install Banner Effect software ( Banner Effect Free Edition ) on your computer - a free version is available.
Then follow these steps:
- Install and start Banner Effect.
- Create the banner you want to use as header.
- Then go to menu File/Create Flash/HTML5 banner... a small wizard will open.
- On the Destination tab of the wizard ("Where do you want to save the banner"), choose "On Banner-Effect's Server" and enter your email address.
- Then, finish the wizard to publish the banner.
- Back to WordPress, go to administration panel, Settings -> Banner Effect Header, enter the same email address and press "Save changes"
- You should see a list with all available banners. Pick one, click "Save changes" again and the banner will be displayed on your WordPress website.
- You can also set a particular banner for an article or a page: edit the page, and, on "Banner Effect Header" box, select the specific banner you want to use. Then press "Update" to save the change.