With Baltic Amber Admin Themes & Schemes you can:
- create your own colour scheme by specifying only two base colours,
- have the theme colours change randomly every time you reload the page,
or at any time interval you choose,
- use one of the administration themes which slightly alter/improve the
positioning of different administration panel elements, like the main navigation,
dashboard information and the plugin listing. There are eight basic colour options
available or you can specify your own base colours by choosing ‘My Colour Theme’,
or use the random colour theme generator.
- place 'Tag' and 'Category' selection in two columns right after the text
editor in the 'Write Post' panel. This option can be enabled for every admin
theme, including the default ones.
Baltic Amber vs. the default admin theme
- Uses relative
em values instead of
pixels for defining element
dimensions and sizes, thus making the whole interface scalable to your own preference.
- Baltic Amber themes improve the scanability of the plugin list
by replacing the darker background colour with a green ribbon on the side for
the activated plugins.
Compatibility with the drop-down menu plugins
As many of you prefer to replace the main navigation with a drop-down alternative,
here are the admin menu plugins that have been tested to work with Amber Themes:
- Ozh Admin Drop Down Menu (2.1) by Ozh,
- Drop Down Admin Menus (2.5.3) by Andy Staines