BadgeOS turns your site into an achievement and badging system. Easily create badges and set up the steps and achievements users complete to earn them
- Fixed: Eliminated a critical bug that could cause all posts to be migrated to a brand new achievement type on publish.
- Added: BadgeOS Shortcode Embedder – Easily add any shortcode to any content area with a few clicks.
- Added: BadgeOS Shortcode registration API – Easily add support for new BadgeOS-related shortcodes and modify existing shortcodes with automatic support for the BOS Shortcode Embedder and help page.
- Added: Submission Manager Role selector – allow users to moderate submissions without granting them full access to BadgeOS administration.
- Added: Submission Notification Admin Settings – Specify an unlimited number of email addresses in a comma-separated list for submission admin notifications.
- Added: Submission Notifications to users who have made a submission.
- Added: Several new submission notification types - new submission, new comment, and submission status change
- Added: User Email Notification Setting - Users can opt-out of email notifications in the profile editor.
- Added: Trigger for commenting on specific posts.
- Added: Many hooks for modifying shortcodes, submission lists, and more.
- Added: Baseline support for renaming achievement types, including the auto-migrating all achievements (and user earnings) from original achievement type to the new.
- Added: Helper functions for checking if user meets BOS management roles.
- Updated: Revised trigger for commenting on posts to only award when comment is approved.
- Updated: Submission status can now be altered on the front-end from approved to denied or back again.
- Updated: Admin area for editing a submission now uses the same approve/deny buttons as the rest of the site.
- Updated: Submission Lists are now highly customizable via WP hooks. The search input, filter inputs, and even the results can be altered programatically.
- Updated: Many, many internationalization enhancements. Help us release BadgeOS in your language!
- Updated: BadgeOS management role selector is hidden on the settings page to non-admins.
- Updated: Badgeos management role selector now excludes contributor and subscriber roles.
- Fixed: Rewrite rules automatically flush when a new achievement type is added (or an existing is renamed).
- Fixed: BadgeOS settings can now be modified by the minimum selected management role.
- Fixed: Prevent users from repeatedly earning auto-approved submissions.
- Fixed: Submissions List status filter now indicates the displayed status on page load.
- Fixed: Lots of other minor bugs.
- Fixed: Eliminated an error when attempting to use Credly Badge Builder over SSL
- Fixed: Eliminated some PHP warnings
- Updated: Upgraded bundled CMB library to 1.0.8.
- Updated: Upgraded bundled posts-to-posts library to 1.6.3-alpha.
- Updated: Corrected several outdated PHPDoc comments.
- Updated: Added quotes to all shortcode examples for clarity.
- Fixed: Properly award "all achievements of type" step trigger when triggered.
- Fixed: Prevent awarding a user's triggered triggers to current admin.
- Fixed: Prevent awarding a user's triggered triggers on the incorrect site (in multisite).
- Fixed: Prevent users from incorrectly resubmitting earned achievements to Credly.
- Fixed: Pass explicit user ID on "send to credly" AJAX calls.
- Fixed: Minor CSS tweaks to BadgeOS user profile fields.
- Added: Spanish language translation.
- Fixed: Eliminated a recursion issue with the badgeos_award_achievement action hook.
- Fixed: Users can send new submissions if previous submisson was denied or approved (until they've reached the maximum earnings for the achievement).
- Fixed: Corrected sort order on front-end step output.
- Fixed: Updated Earned Achievements Widget handling for achievements with spaces and special characters.
- Fixed: Small issue with Credly Badge Builder API headers.
- Fixed: Achievement step stort order (in admin).
- Fixed: Prevent duplicate stock achievement thumbnails per achievement type.
- Fixed: Bug with Credly Badge Builder API connection.
- Added: Credly Badge Builder – Build your own unique badges directly from the post editor (requires Credly account).
- Added: badgeos_is_achievement() to check if a given $post or $post_id is a BadgeOS achievement.
- Added: New [credly_assertion_page] shortcode for Credly Pro users.
- Added: Specify a custom message to include with Credly notification emails
- Updated: badgeos_award_achievement_to_user() now checks that the passed $acheivement_id is a real achievement.
- Updated: New achievements now have a default max earning of 1 (blank for infinite).
- Updated: BadgeOS Help page now links to Github, instead of just mentioning it.
- Updated: Detailed "Credly Sharing" options are only visible on the achievement editor when achievement is set to "send to credly".
- Updated: "Featured Image" text now says "Achievement Image" when working with an achievement post.
- Fixed: Added variable type check to badgeos_get_user_achievements() to prevent PHP warning.
- Fixed: Earned achievements will no longer show "Send to Credly" when setting is disabled.
- Added: "Add-ons" menu now has a catalog of new plugins to extend BadgeOS in exciting ways.
- Added: Introduced a suite of "user activity" functions for tracking a user's active achievements.
- Updated: Add-Ons admin page now dynamically pulls all available add-ons directly from BadgeOS.org
- Updated: Improved support for WP Multisite installations
- Updated: Earned Achievements widget now sorts achievements with newest-earned first.
- Updated: Earned Achievements widget now supports displaying all OR specific achievement types.
- Updated: [badgeos_achievements_list] shortcode now supports multiple achievement types, using either type="all" or by separating the achievement names with a comma, like: type="badge,quest,level".
- Updated: [badgeos_achievements_list] shortcode now supports "orderby" and "order" parameters so you can control how achievements are sorted.
- Updated: BadgeOS Log Entry functions are now filterable and can be overridden (more on this in 1.3).
- Updated: Added hooks to Help/Support page so add-ons can include their own content.
- Updated: We now set a default thumbnail for new achievements and achievement types.
- Updated: We now display a warning on the Achievement Type editor if a title exceeds 20 characters.
- Updated: Removed some redundant checks in the rules-engine to make process more performant.
- Updated: Relocated a few functions to make codebase easier to navigate.
- Fixed: We now hide the container for an earned achievement's congratulations text if there is no congratulations text.
- Fixed: The Earned Achievements widget and the Send to Credly functionality sanely fall-back to the parent achievement's thumbnail if the given achievement doesn't have one set.
- Fixed: Eliminated a bug with the "Add Media" functionality due to a conflict with the Canvas theme by WooThemes.
- Fixed: Cleared out many minor, but annoying, PHP warnings
- Added: New triggers for publishing new posts and pages
- Added: [badgeos_achievement] shortcode to display a single achievement on any post/page, see BadgeOS Help/Support for parameter details
- Added: [badgeos_submissions] shortcode to show a filterable/searchable list of submissions, see BadgeOS Help/Support for parameter details
- Added: [badgeos_nominations] shortcode to show a filterable/searchable list of nominations, see BadgeOS Help/Support for parameter details
- Added: New meta box showing attachments for a Submission in the admin dashboard
- Added: Earned achievement message on an achievement single page which shows if a user has earned the achievement
- Added: New widget to display the Credly Credit Issuer badge
- Updated: Achievements widget with option to display user's total points
- Updated: [badgeos_submission] shortcode to accept achievement_id parameter
- Updated: [badgeos_nomination] shortcode to accept achievement_id parameter
- Updated: New filter for controlling whether or not a user is allowed to spring a trigger
- Fixed: Nomination user select field from displaying twice on the page
- Fixed: Nomination listing page from displaying the wrong status for the nomination
- Fixed: Nomination form/listing now displays a user's submitted nomination and limits them to submitting a single nomination
- Updated: Only show "People Who Have Earned This" when there is at least one earner
- Updated: Localization strings have been updated throughout for easier translating
- Updated: Submissions and Nominations were originally publicly searchable, they are now private
- Fixed: Prevent earning an achievement more times than "max earnings" allows
- Fixed: Prevent earning steps with no parents
- Fixed: Prevent earning unpublished, private or trashed achievements
- Fixed: Inability to earn "any [achievement type]" steps
- Fixed: Inability to earn "all [achievement type]" steps
- Fixed: Filter for "Completed Achievements" (would sometimes show ALL achievements if user had earned none)
- Fixed: A PHP warning that would sometimes appear when manually awarding an achievement via user profile editor
- Fixed: A number of minor behind-the-scenes bugs that annoyed our PHP developers
- New: Added "Display users who have earned achievement" option to achievements
- Updated: BadgeOS Add-Ons admin page now shows current BadgeOS add-ons
- Updated: [badgeos_achievements_list] shortcode now shows send to Credly link on earned achievements.
- Fix: The "Award an Achievement" section on the User Profile page now grabs the appropriate custom post type slugs.
- Fix: Updated an incorrectly named function.
- Fix: Stop completed filter from showing all achievements if no achievements have been completed
- Updated: Achievement display and awarding UI improvement.
- Updated: [badgeos_achievements_list] shortcode now supports show_filter and show_search attributes
- BadgeOS says "hello world", earns "Hello World" badge.
Requires: 3.6 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.9.1
Last Updated: 2014-6-12
4.4 out of 5 stars
15 of 37 support threads in the last two months have been resolved.
Got something to say? Need help?