BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement and badging system. Your site's users complete steps, demonstrate skills and knowledge, and earn digital badges. Easily define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like,c and choose from and combine a range of assessment options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
Create badges and set up the achievements to earn them. Badges are Mozilla OBI compatible and sharable via Credly, the free web service for managing and displaying lifelong credentials.
BadgeOS is extremely powerful and infinitely extensible. Check out some of the out-of-the-box features:
Many ways to define achievements and give badges
- Reviewed submissions
- Auto-approving submissions
- Nominations and review
- Site activity (triggers based on publising posts and pages, commenting and logging in to your site)
- Completing specific other achievements one or a specific number of times
- Completing one, select or all achievements of a specific type
- Point thresholds
- Admin Given Badges
- Community Activity (with the powerful BadgeOS Community Add-on)
- Activity from other popular WordPress plugins. See growing catalog of BadgeOS Add-ons.
Define an Unlimited Number of Achievement Types
- Create as many types of achievement as you like
- Name achievement types whatever you wish
- Easily define how they relate to one another using the 'Required Steps' tool
- Set default images for each achievement type or select unique images for every achievement item
Design Beautiful Badge and Achievement Images from within WordPress
- Use the integrated Credly "Badge Builder" to create professional looking badge images right from within WordPress
- Launch the Badge Builder from any achievement or achievement type editing screen in WordPress admin
- Choose from a variety of badge shapes and border styles
- Select from a library of thousands of Noun Project icons, or upload your own to the center of any badge
- Add or remove a banner with text to your badge
- Full color palette selection for border, fill, icon and banner
- Saves automatically to your WordPress Media Library for easy re-use for other achievements or anywhere else on your site
- Edit previously created badge and achievement images and save new versions to your Media Library
- Simply enter your Credly credentials in the "Credly Integration" settings menu in BadgeOS to enable the Badge Builder. If you don't have a Credly account, create one for free.
Sharable Badges with Credly Integration
- Badges are Mozilla Open Badge (OBI) compatible through integration of the "Open Credit" API by Credly, the free web service for issuing, earning and sharing badges.
- Connect your Credly account to your BadgeOS site and voila! You're using WordPress to issue "Open Badges" that can be displayed virtually anywhere.
- Badges you create in BadgeOS automatically appear and update on Credly
- Use Credly iOS app to issue badges you created on your WordPress site.
- As badges are earned on WordPress, they can be automatically sent to Credly for easy sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mozilla Backpack, the earner's own web site, blog, or Credly profile.
'Required Steps' Manager
- Simple yet powerful admin interface for defining the "Required Steps" for any badge or achievement.
- Easily link together one or more triggers, steps or actions into the conditions needed to earn a badge or mark an achievement.
- Extend the Required Steps options using the free BadgeOS Community Add-on.
- Also extend Required Steps with other BadgeOS Add-ons.
Reward User Progress
- Issue badges for any combination of achievements
- Award points for commenting, logging in, making submissions, completing any combination of tasks
- Display a congratulatory message, customizable per Achievement, on each achievement page.
View and Issue your BadgeOS badges via iOS Mobile App
- Badges created in BadgeOS are immediately available on the Credly iOS mobile app (with free Credly integration enabled).
- Create badges in WordPress, and then issue them from your iPhone!
- BadgeOS badge earners can receive, accept, view and share their badges from the iOS app (with their profile set to receive badges via Credly).
- Credly app's "ID Card" view essentially turns a BadgeOS badge into an "access pass" for face-to-face activities.
Earned Achievements Widget
- Shows logged in users what badges they have earned.
- Option to choose which specific achievement types to display in the widget.
- Set the parameters for the widget to decide how many recent badges to display.
- Option to show logged in users total points they have earned (if you are using BadgeOS points mechanism).
- Members can share their badges right from the widget to their Credly profile and off to their linked social networks or Mozilla Backpack.
Theme Agnostic & Shortcodes
- BadgeOS works with just about any standard WordPress theme.
- No special hooks or theme updates are needed.
- Turn any page or post into a way to display available achievements and for users to track their progress.
- Multiple options and parameters for each for great flexibility.
- Shortcodes to bring submission and nomination review to the front-end of your site.
- Shortcode to integrate specific available achievements into any post or page of your site.
- Shortcode for Credly "Custom Assertion Location" for displaying badges issued by Credly Pro users on your site
- Shortcode documentation in the plugin menu and on BadgeOS.org.
- Just activate BadgeOS and place simple shortcodes on any page or post, and you've got an engagement management system running on your WordPress site!
Submission and Nomination Review
- Easily review submissions and nominations from members.
- Approve or deny submissions with one click.
- Shortcodes with multiple options for review of submissions on any page or post on your site.
- Powerful shortcodes to add an achievement submission or nominiation form to any post or page.
- Add comments to engage the member and elaborate on your decisions.
- Optional notification emails inform you when people on your site have made submissions or nominated peers.
Extensibility and BadgeOS Add-ons
- BadgeOS is designed to be a true operating system for turning any WordPress site into an engagement management application.
- BadgeOS offers a growing catalog of Add-ons to the plugin that enhance core functionality with specialized functions.
- Built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement.
- Check out some of the BadgeOS customizations we've already implemented to get a sense for what is possible with BadgeOS.
- Developer Documentation and APIs are freely available. Share your own BadgeOS add-ons with the community today.
Stay Connected / Helpful Links
BadgeOS is made available by LearningTimes, LLC. Here are some ways to stay connected and to see what else we are up to:
BadgeOS is built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement. The Developer Resources area of the BadgeOS site provides links to documentation, APIs and guides to extending BadgeOS and integrating it with other plugins and systems. Share your BadgeOS Add-Ons and BadgeOS-compatible plugins.
Want to contribute to BadgeOS core? That's great! Visit our GitHub site for the project at.
LearningTimes, LLC licenses BadgeOS to you under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
There is NO WARRANTY for this software, express or implied, including the implied warranties of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3, at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.html for more details.