The "BadgeOS Community Add-on" integrates BadgeOS features into BuddyPress and bbPress. Site members complete achievements and earn badges based on a range of community activity and triggers. This add-on to BadgeOS also includes the ability to display badges and achievements on user profiles and activity feeds.
Note: You will need to install the free BadgeOS plugin™ (version 1.2 or higher) to use the BadgeOS Community Add-on. You will also need the BuddyPress plugin v1.7 or higher installed.
Get the BadgeOS plugin.
BadgeOS™ turns your WordPress site into an achievement and badging system. And with BuddyPress enabled on your site, achievements are not only awarded by demonstrating skills and knowledge, but also by participating in community activities. Define the achievements, organize the badge requirements any way you like, and choose from and combine a range of assessment and community activity options to determine whether each task or requirement has been achieved.
Earned badges are Mozilla OBI compatible and sharable via Credly, the free web service for recognizing and displaying lifelong achievement.
New ways to define achievements and give badges for community activity
In addition to all of the out-of-the-box features in BadgeOS core, this add-on allows you to award badges based on these additional triggers:
Social Display of Badges and Achievements:
- Display earned badges and achievements of any kind on user profiles
- Add activity updates to user Activity Stream when badges and achievements are earned
- Each user may share his or her earned badges on social networks via Credly
User and BadgeOS Settings:
- BadgeOSadmin setting to select which custom BadgeOS achievement types should be displayed on user profiles
- BadgeOSadmin setting to select which custom BadgeOS achievement types should be displayed in Activity Streams
- User can adjust Credly sharing settings from community profile settings
Combine Community Steps with BadgeOS Steps in Defining Achievements
- Simple interface for defining the "Required Steps" for any badge or achievement seamlessly integrates community actions
- Easily define achievements that rely on both BadgeOS required steps and community actions
- Easily link together one or more triggers, steps or actions into the conditions needed to earn any badge or mark an achievement.
Community Badges are Sharable with Credly Integration
- As with the BadgeOS core plugin, community badges are Mozilla Open Badge (OBI) compatible through integration of the "Open Credit" API by Credly, the free web service for issuing, earning and sharing badges.
- Badges you create in BadgeOS automatically appear and update on Credly
- Use Credly iOS app to issue community badges you created on your WordPress/BuddyPress/BadgeOS site.
- As badges are earned on WordPress/BuddyPress, they can be automatically sent to Credly for easy sharing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mozilla Backpack, the earner's own web site, blog, or Credly profile.
- BadgeOS Community Add-on works with just about any standard WordPress theme using BuddyPress v1.7+
- No special hooks or theme updates are needed.
Extensibility and Additional BadgeOS Add-ons
- BadgeOS is designed to be a true operating system for turning any WordPress site into an engagement management application.
- Built with expandability in mind to allow virtually anything to trigger and recognize achievement.
- BadgeOS plans to continue to release a range of Add-Ons to the plugin -- like the BadgeOS Community Add-on -- that enhance core functionality with specialized functions.
- Check out some of the BadgeOS customizations we've already implemented to get a sense for what you might expect.
Stay Connected / Helpful Links
BadgeOS is made available by Credly, LLC. Here are some ways to stay connected and to see what else we are up to: