AWSOM Pixgallery is an Image Gallery/Archive plugin for WordPress designed to make it easier for Artists or Webcomic creators to set up a portfolio of
To upgrade from a previous version to the 4.7.X version:
1) Go to the Admin Plugins menu and deactivate the previous version of AWSOM Pixgallery.
2) Delete the pixgallery folder from your wp-content/plugins folder
3) copy the new awsom-pixgallery plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder (please note the folder name now MUST be awsom-pixgallery)
4) go to the Admin Plugins menu and activate the 4.7.X version.
5) Upgrade is complete.
6) Optional steps: There is a new option in the Pixgallery options area to create the default cache folder used by the new version of the plugin. It is not a requirement to switch to the new default cache folder if your previous one was working fine, it's just an option. For anyone having issues with their cache folder it is suggested to click the "Create Default Cache" button, which should eliminate your issue. The cache folder field will then automatically update to reflect that you are using the default cache folder. You may delete the old cache folder you were originally using.
7) AWSOM Pixgallery now also has the ability to create a default gallery folder in your uploads folder. You can create this folder by going to the Appearance Galleries admin menu and clicking the create default gallery button.