See the official widget site for more complete installation instructions.
- Upload the Affiliate Easel plugin to your WordPress site. (Use the "Plugins" - "Add New" in your WordPress dashboard or unzip it in your /wp-content/plugins/ folder)
- Activate the plugin through the "Plugins" menu in WordPress
- Enter your Amazon affiliate ID and developer keys through the "Settings" / "Affiliate Easel for Amazon" menu in your dashboard.
Now you are ready to use shortcodes to create links and categories. To add data about a single item:
- Open a post in your WordPress dashboard and choose the "HTML" tab.
- Where you want the item, type a shortcode like this: [az_easel item="0789746344"] (The item number is the Amazon ASIN code from the item's page on Amazon.)
Add the search widget to search Amazon from all pages.
- Create a new Page (not a post but a page) using your dashboard and add the shortcode: [az_easel node="1000" index="Books"] (There are other categories/pages you can use but this is a good start.)
- Go to the dashboard Appearance/Widgets screen.
- Drag the "Affilaite Easel Search" Widget to a widget area and choose the name of the page you just created. Add a title if you wish.
- Be sure to choose "Save" in the widget. The search widget will now appear on every page and search results will display on the page you created and chose.
Add a search form to any individual post or page.
- Create a new page (not post) in wordpress and and choose the "HTML" tab.
- Type [easel_search] where you want the search bar (usually the first thing in the page)
- You can type a node-shortcode on the same page like [az_easel node="1000" index="Books"] to provide a default results container.
- Alternately, you can type [easel_search page=http://myblog.com/shop/] to show results on a different page.
- You can optionally type [easel_search select=Books] to cause a specific category to be selected in the search bar.