WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Plugin Directory

Add Plain Text Email

Decreases the chance of your emails being marked as spam by adding a plain text version to your HTML emails.

Add Plain Text Email

This plugin will add a plain text version of your HTML emails to your WordPress emails. This decreases the chance of your legit emails being marked as spam by tools as SpamAssassin.

This plugin comes without any settings and runs completely "under the hood". When activated, it will automatically hook into the wp_mail() function and look for HTML emails that do not have a text/plain version. When necessary, it automatically generates a plain text version and adds it to the email.

99.9% of todays email clients will just show the HTML version. The other 0.1%, the ones that can't display HTML, will show the text version.

Why? Because having a text/plain version of your HTML email will add 1 complete point to your Spam Assassin score.

If you have more question about the why's of this plugin, take a look at the FAQ.

More information

Add Plain Text Email

Check out more WordPress plugins by Danny van Kooten or contact him on Twitter.

Requires: 3.1 or higher
Compatible up to: 3.7.1
Last Updated: 2013-10-24
Downloads: 330

Ratings

5 stars
5 out of 5 stars

Support

Got something to say? Need help?

Compatibility

+
=
Not enough data

0 people say it works.
0 people say it's broken.

100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1
100,1,1