- Install the plugin in the usual way into the WordPress plugins folder.
- Network activate the plugin (it has only effect on the network admin area, so it is safe to network activate.
That's it. Now you can go to the Network Admin area and there you will see the plugin in the sites menu
The preferred workflow is as follows:
After setting up a WordPress network based on subdomains and installing and activating 'Wordpress MU Domain Mapping' by Donncha and this plugin you are good to go.
- First you need a template site setup to clone.
- Add a new site, set it up completely with plugins, themes, posts, etc.
- I suggest you give the sitename a prefix like tmp-, for example 'tmp-foobarsites'. This will make it easyer for you to recognise the template sites from the normal sites. Also, in a future release of this plugin filtering on a prefix will be supported.
- prepare a textfile / excel file with the url's, blognames, and blogdescriptions you want to create. Use the format: "new_site_url, site_description, site_name". If you leave the site_name empty, it will take the url as the sitename. Don't use http:// and think if you want the site to use the prefix www. or not.
- Go to the Network Admin area and click on add clone sites in the sites menu.
- choose your template site from the dropdown list and select a admin user for the domains.
- copy paste the prepared textfile in the field and hit clone.
- That's it, just wait till it is finished.
- After saving so much time for you, make sure you buy me a coffee!