Turn comments on/off for multiple posts at once.
If you have a lot of posts with comments/pings enabled, and later decide you want to disable comments for them. Perhaps this option could be added under "Bulk Actions" when viewing the list of posts/pages.
You can disable comments for new posts but it doesn't apply to old ones, which need to be edited manually.
You can already do this.
1. Go to your All Posts page.
2. Click on the checkbox in the header.
3. Choose "Edit" under the bulk actions drop-down and then click Apply. The bulk edit area will appear.
4. In the middle of the bulk edit area will be four drop-down menus. The second one is for comments. Change it to "Do not allow".
5. Turn off pings with a similar drop-down to the right side of the bulk edit area.
6. Click the update button on the far right.
That's it. You've turned off commenting on all of your old posts.
Thanks, Matt! I didn't know that!
RSS feed for this topic
You must log in to post.